• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

I'm back home after a week and a half in Texas. One of the highlights of the trip was a pilgrimage to Bedrock City Comics where I had the pleasure of riffling through some boxes of golden age and chatting with Richard. If you're ever in Houston, stop at Bedrock. It's a perfect example of what an LCS should be. And while I was there, I did a little shopping:

jungle88.jpg

jumbo111.jpg

jumbo83.jpg

Following these purchases, I realized I'm 26 Jumbos away from my goal of all the Sky Girl appearances.

I'm back home after a week and a half in Texas. One of the highlights of the trip was a pilgrimage to Bedrock City Comics where I had the pleasure of riffling through some boxes of golden age and chatting with Richard. If you're ever in Houston, stop at Bedrock. It's a perfect example of what an LCS should be. And while I was there, I did a little shopping:

jungle88.jpg

jumbo111.jpg

jumbo83.jpg

Following these purchases, I realized I'm 26 Jumbos away from my goal of all the Sky Girl appearances.

Congrats....Sky girl :cloud9: please pm me the list of the issues so I don't have to figure out how far away I am...

jungle88.jpg

jumbo111.jpg

jumbo83.jpg

Great books, Sean! :applause:

my wife and i had bedrock all to ourselves here at the house this weekend; he hand-delivered this to me, my geek did.

mysterymen5.jpg

but it wasn't all a bed of roses. his lovely comic-loving wife made sweet-eyes at me, and drove off to Houston with my copy of Flying Saucers ["i just LOVE avons Billy"] and a schomburg airbrushed Exciting ["the xela covers are my FAVORITES, Billy"]. what the hell, i've still got a few books to look at.

my wife and i had bedrock all to ourselves here at the house this weekend; he hand-delivered this to me, my geek did.

mysterymen5.jpg

but it wasn't all a bed of roses. his lovely comic-loving wife made sweet-eyes at me, and drove off to Houston with my copy of Flying Saucers ["i just LOVE avons Billy"] and a schomburg airbrushed Exciting ["the xela covers are my FAVORITES, Billy"]. what the hell, i've still got a few books to look at.

I was going to say "I just love pedigree Marvel 1s, Billy", but bit my lip as it would have sounded redundant. (shrug)

mysterymen5.jpg

lol

More than a few Mr Parker!

mysterymen5.jpg

I just LOVE cheslers Billy :luhv:

The frazetta covers are my FAVORITES, Billy. :cloud9:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

mysterymen5.jpg

I just LOVE cheslers Billy :luhv:

The frazetta covers are my FAVORITES, Billy. :cloud9:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

all of you thinking that new lows were reached on the action 1 thread, check out this outrage!

These 3 books on their way back from CGC. I'm so thrilled :banana: to have finally found nice copies of them, I can't resist sharing them right away:

Iconic Hitler!

2396525238_213cd2a9f3_o.jpg

Disney Flag!

2396527708_a1a5b33935_o.jpg

Cool Horror!

2395692335_5bb4d894a8_o.jpg

These 3 books on their way back from CGC. I'm so thrilled :banana: to have finally found nice copies of them, I can't resist sharing them right away:

Iconic Hitler!

Disney Flag!

2396527708_a1a5b33935_o.jpg

Cool Horror!

2395692335_5bb4d894a8_o.jpg

3 winners no doubt

These 3 books on their way back from CGC. I'm so thrilled :banana: to have finally found nice copies of them...

Really nice triple play there, Dino.

Geez, you manage to get your hands on some really terrific stuff... :cloud9::applause:

Iconic Hitler!

LOVE the real life; congrats Sir.

These 3 books on their way back from CGC. I'm so thrilled :banana: to have finally found nice copies of them...

Really nice triple play there, Dino.

Geez, you manage to get your hands on some really terrific stuff... :cloud9::applause:

yeah, you wouldn't be in touch with that feeling, huh?

So who ended up buying that Headline 8 that was recently up on ebay....in mid grade....last I looked it was over $600...Andy, your copy is so much nicer....but still a great book.

Love the Real Life.....