• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,427 posts in this topic

gatorheadanimate0xv1gv-11.gif

gators have chomped their way to 2-4 in the last half dozen games, as i recall, but to be sure stevie had a good run against us.

and:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22382241/?pg=10#spt_FBC_team_of_decade

and, Sue Storm is a fan.

lsualbaac6.jpg

thank goodness you posted something worthwhile :baiting:

On a recent trip through Ohio I grabbed some funny books.... Veronica cover and Schomburg pirates. And, about 80 miles later, I grabbed a water pump and belt.

lol

:foryou:

Edited by r1970d

On a recent trip through Ohio I grabbed some funny books.... Veronica cover and Schomburg pirates. And, about 80 miles later, I grabbed a water pump and belt.

Both very nice pick-ups!

I like the Real Life books, and Schomburg is a bonus. Is there any good stuff specifically mentioning silver in the Daguerre story?

Jack

No picture of the water pump?

I like the Real Life books, and Schomburg is a bonus. Is there any good stuff specifically mentioning silver in the Daguerre story?

Jack

Jack,

Here's the only mention of silver. For your viewing pleasure (and better than the pump), the little shop, in Kentucky, that fixed my car, had a wall filled with vintage chrome and plastic. They're golden age of another sorts.

62391.jpg.2b1b423c5ef2581e7d9ad8b721eb89e2.jpg

62392.jpg.529ebb937b136de6dcab440a2a347cff.jpg

Both very nice pick-ups!

Jack

I've always like the Real Life series as well Jack. Might chase the run one day.

Both very nice pick-ups!

Jack

I've always like the Real Life series as well Jack. Might chase the run one day.

It's a fun little run.

RealLife13-1.jpg

Jack

Jack,

Here's the only mention of silver. For your viewing pleasure (and better than the pump), the little shop, in Kentucky, that fixed my car, had a wall filled with vintage chrome and plastic. They're golden age of another sorts.

Thanks!

Great panel. I'll add that book to my want list. Fortunately they're not very expensive, at least the issues I've gotten, although unpopular enough that they're not so easy to find.

(Bitumen of Judea -- I had to look it up -- is a powdery tar that can be made into a varnish that crosslinks and hardens on exposure to sunlight.)

Great photo of the auto repair shop!

Jack

Both very nice pick-ups!

Jack

Pocket change for you, compared to your other quests.

Anyone have a scan of #14 (needs replacing at GCD) or #54 (missing)?

Looks like I have a start on the run with #21 and 43 in the accumulation (somewhere).

Jack

So being the new guy. I figured I would finally give in and post the beginning of my collection for GA. My books are all pretty low-grade, but I love them ! Just some cool stuff to check out. Nothing HG though.

ashcan002.jpg

ashcan001.jpg

ashcan003.jpg

ashcan004.jpg

ashcan005.jpg

ashcan006.jpg

A few more are on the way. I will post when I get them. Some are nicer, some arent. BUT ... Im having fun !

Looks like some great reading and a great start to the GA collection. I really like those Detectives.

And if only Batman hadn't been able to save Robin from that ballon. How many lame Robin stories would we have been spared from?