• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

(Bitumen of Judea -- I had to look it up -- is a powdery tar that can be made into a varnish that crosslinks and hardens on exposure to sunlight.)

Jack

Hey Captain Science, what happens when you mix Hydriodic Acid with Bitumen of Judea then? Hard Meth? -

You get "HI, Judea!"

Where's the page from?

How could you mix up hydroiodic acid (clear, colorless) with milk?

What was the perp doing with hydroiodic acid (in an open, unlabeled container) anyway?

Is this the kind of book where they toss it in his face (oooggg)?

Jack

1) Where's the page from?

2) How could you mix up hydroiodic acid (clear, colorless) with milk?

3) What was the perp doing with hydroiodic acid (in an open, unlabeled container) anyway?

4) Is this the kind of book where they toss it in his face (oooggg)?

Jack

1) Scalped 13 as per scan name

2) Comic book science or a dirty batch (shrug)

3) The story covers a Meth lab bust and I hear they're not good at labeling stuff

4) The acid is directed towards a more southernly region of the perp's body :sick:

1) Where's the page from?

2) How could you mix up hydroiodic acid (clear, colorless) with milk?

3) What was the perp doing with hydroiodic acid (in an open, unlabeled container) anyway?

4) Is this the kind of book where they toss it in his face (oooggg)?

Jack

1) Scalped 13 as per scan name

http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments/62501.jpg

How could I miss the connection?!?

2) Comic book science or a dirty batch (shrug)

Either one would work.

3) The story covers a Meth lab bust and I hear they're not good at labeling stuff

"Most methods of illicit production involve hydrogenation of the hydroxyl group on the ephedrine or pseudoephedrine molecule. The most common method for small-scale methamphetamine labs in the United States is primarily called the "Red, White, and Blue Process", which involves red phosphorus, pseudoephedrine or ephedrine(white), and blue iodine (which is technically a purple color in elemental form), from which hydroiodic acid is formed."

Yikes! Nothing I'd want to do in a garage or kitchen.

4) The acid is directed towards a more southernly region of the perp's body :sick:

Oooooggg**2

Thanks,

Jack

Im still new with the GA, but more fun in my opinion then silver/bronze/copper/ or modern. Just something great about these books.

You are off to a great start :applause:

The Flash were my first purchase, from you ! I was very pleased when I received the books and would hands down buy from you again !

But yea so much excitement for me collecting GA. And I generally buy such low grade, its hard to be dissappointed :insane:

Nice start to your collection of GA. I'm trying to get started myself and the low to mid-grade is the place to be! (thumbs u

Yea, I like the 1.5 and up . (thumbs u

Looks like I had the Jamborees correctly graded. :applause:

congrats to you both...andy, I guess you won't need to come to my grading seminar after all :baiting:

Thank you Roy for this wonderful grail I have been waiting to get my hands on for a long time. It arrived today and is absolutely gorgeous in hand.

Suspense3front1.jpg

(worship)

Matt had it graded as a Moderate 7.5 and I agree. The resto is moderate not extensive and it grades as a 7.5 due to some back cover wear and some barely visible resto when in hand IMO.

(thumbs u

Thank you Roy for this wonderful grail I have been waiting to get my hands on for a long time. It arrived today and is absolutely gorgeous in hand.

Suspense3front1.jpg

This is just an incredible book. Congratulations.