• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Cosmic Aeroplane copy. Sweeeeet.

national5.jpg

A very cool book Andy! (thumbs u Maybe you can figure out what is up with the skull on the right side. (shrug)

My first Nedor. acclaim.gif This is the only graded copy of this Hitler, Tojo, & Mussolini cover. Any Nedor guys out there know if this issue is harder to find, or is it just a fluke there are no other graded copies?

St12.jpg

That is a tough book! Congrats (thumbs u

My first Nedor. acclaim.gif This is the only graded copy of this Hitler, Tojo, & Mussolini cover. Any Nedor guys out there know if this issue is harder to find, or is it just a fluke there are no other graded copies?

St12.jpg

That is a tough book! Congrats (thumbs u
Awesome book! (thumbs u

My first Nedor. :acclaim: This is the only graded copy of this Hitler, Tojo, & Mussolini cover. Any Nedor guys out there know if this issue is harder to find, or is it just a fluke there are no other graded copies?

St12.jpg

I think I used to own that copy. Sold it when I decided to focus on Schomburg covers. Cool book!

A very cool book Andy! Maybe you can figure out what is up with the skull on the right side.

It's weird, isn't it? Too far along the arms to be a head, so it's just a huge skull sitting on the guy's elbows.

Originally Posted By: MrBedrock
A very cool book Andy! Maybe you can figure out what is up with the skull on the right side.

It's weird, isn't it? Too far along the arms to be a head, so it's just a huge skull sitting on the guy's elbows.

Nor is the skull a sculpture sitting on the red pillar. Bizarre. You should sell it. :shy:

Originally Posted By: MrBedrock

It looks like some editor came along and said,"Hey, put a skull on that cover. The kids love the skulls! Skulls sell funnybooks!" And the artist thought to himself, "Huh? Where am I gonna put a skull? The only place one will fit is on those elbows there. Well, I guess that'll do it, then."

Originally Posted By: Durden08

St12.jpg

I think I used to own that copy. Sold it when I decided to focus on Schomburg covers. Cool book!

Elitist :baiting:

Originally Posted By: nearmint
It was actually a pretty dumb move! doh\!

Sanity is restored at last. cloud9.gif

Those first few Startling's with Fighting Yank are wonderful books.

(thumbs u

St12.jpg

Actually this is quite common. Very easy to find. If I were you, I'd pass it along to another board member as this is clearly not a good place for you to invest your money... :wishluck:(tough freakin' book!)