• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,415 posts in this topic

My non-Timely pick ups from the last few months. Lots of them from right here on the boards. (thumbs u

Batman41.jpg

batman43.jpg

Only 5 more Batmans to go, to finish my 1-50 run. :cloud9:

Only 5 more to go :o

Simply outstanding. :applause:

Here are a few highlights from recent CGC returns and purchases. Once again, it is all Canadian.

Captain George's Whiz Bang #42 (Grand Slam Comics) CGC 7.5

Picture051.jpg

Venus #9 CGC 9.0 - Heritage win!

Picture059.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures #101 (CGC 8.0) & #113 (CGC 7.5)

Doll Man #25 CGC 7.5

th_Picture056.jpgth_Picture052-1.jpgth_Picture054.jpg

Here are a few highlights from recent CGC returns and purchases. Once again, it is all Canadian.

Captain George's Whiz Bang #42 (Grand Slam Comics) CGC 7.5

Picture051.jpg

Venus #9 CGC 9.0 - Heritage win!

Picture059.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures #101 (CGC 8.0) & #113 (CGC 7.5)

Doll Man #25 CGC 7.5

th_Picture056.jpgth_Picture052-1.jpgth_Picture054.jpg

That Venus is amazing!

Another big batch of misc! As usual, I like the golden-age beaters the best, even with a X-Men slab and some other high-grade stuff in the box.

Two favorites:

Tip Top Comics 64 Aug-41 United Feature Syndicate, full-page ad for Sparkler 1.

Includes Triple Terror (Menta, Lectra, Chemix), the feature that I really bought the book for, but Mirror Man is very cool too. Also reprints of Fritzi Ritz, Iron Vic, Jim Hardy, Tailspin Tommy, Li'l Abner, etc. Nice copy for ten bucks!

tiptop64.jpg

Famous Funnies 76 Nov-40 Buck Rogers story & ad inside back cover, Hydroman (Bill Everett) in Heroic Comics ad inside front cover. Napoleon is the cover feature. Yes, it's a beater. 68 years old for two bucks! My favorite of the haul despite condition.

famousfunnies76-1.jpg

More on the Short Bus and maybe elsewhere.

Jack

Jack

Another big batch of misc! As usual, I like the golden-age beaters the best, even with a X-Men slab and some other high-grade stuff in the box.

Two favorites:

Includes Triple Terror (Menta, Lectra, Chemix), the feature that I really bought the book for, but Mirror Man is very cool too. Also reprints of Fritzi Ritz, Iron Vic, Jim Hardy, Tailspin Tommy, Li'l Abner, etc. Nice copy for ten bucks!

tiptop64.jpg

Famous Funnies 76 Nov-40 Buck Rogers story & ad inside back cover, Hydroman (Bill Everett) in Heroic Comics ad inside front cover. Napoleon is the cover feature. Yes, it's a beater. 68 years old for two bucks! My favorite of the haul despite condition.

famousfunnies76-1.jpg

More on the Short Bus and maybe elsewhere.

Jack

Jack

I've always liked Tip Tops Jack. And you know how I feel about Famous Funnies. I still have two or three that you need to get from me one day.

Two favorites:

tiptop64.jpg

I've always liked Tip Tops Jack. And you know how I feel about Famous Funnies. I still have two or three that you need to get from me one day.

Two or three Tip Tops w/ Triple Terror? Just leave the key in the mail box and I'll stop by.

Jack

Two recent pickups:

tt1-1.jpg

FC247fr.jpg

Back cover to the Flash Gordon - I thought this was cool.

FC247bk.jpg

Fantastic books!

Those wartime Timely funny animals are amazing. Who can resist a green cat with a machine gun?

I'm jealous of such a sharp, early Flash Gordon Four Color issue.

Jack

I bought this book about 10 years ago and it was my first GA comic. What drew me to this book was the amazing preservation, snow white pages/covers and unrestored. It is a lower grade but great eye appeal.

mf24.jpg

mf24bc.jpg

I had never seen this particular issue before, so couldn't resist pulling the trigger (off-white to white pages...I know, you're shocked!):

Exciting22.jpg

Wow :o

Really nice Steve. That is one that doesn't pop up very often.