• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,435 posts in this topic

Woo-Hoo! I love this book to death. I have wanted one since about 1986 when I first saw a copy of the cover. Every one I come across is either too nice & hence, expensive, or has some sort of damage that takes away from the cover image. For me this is a cover that has to be pretty blemish free to enjoy properly. This is from the Dr. John Binder collection that is being sold by Jef Hinds on ebay right now. He graded it FN, and I agree, and possibly FN+ (Small stain on BC is only wild card). For me this was an expensive book, but quite worth it, I am glad I bit the bullet. Woo-Hoo!

1st snow white in print too.

3050448953_3d73875d21_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

Woo-Hoo! I love this book to death. I have wanted one since about 1986 when I first saw a copy of the cover. Every one I come across is either too nice & hence, expensive, or has some sort of damage that takes away from the cover image. For me this is a cover that has to be pretty blemish free to enjoy properly. This is from the Dr. John Binder collection that is being sold by Jef Hinds on ebay right now. He graded it FN, and I agree, and possibly FN+ (Small stain on BC is only wild card). For me this was an expensive book, but quite worth it, I am glad I bit the bullet. Woo-Hoo!

Very nice! Congratulations on finally finding a great looking copy! :applause:

I'm mostly a Silver Age collector, but find myself dipping into the GA more and more frequently--at least if you consider the GA as going through the early 50's pre-code years. I've dabbled in EC's, and love pre-code horror books from afar.

Anyway, I just managed to get two of my grails (thanks Quality Comics). :cloud9:

HOM1.jpg

SA1.jpg

A few new books in today.

totj18-1.jpg

Awesome books, and I love the bright colors on this beauty!

very nice indeed. here is some more l.b. goodness that i've been seeking for a good long time. i'm expecting some shenanigans on the back cover, cuz there is nothing vg'ish about the front.

thrillingcrime.jpg

such a cool use and colors

totj18-1.jpg

very nice indeed. here is some more l.b. goodness that i've been seeking for a good long time. i'm expecting some shenanigans on the back cover, cuz there is nothing vg'ish about the front.

thrillingcrime.jpg

that is an incredible looking front for a VG! :o

I'm mostly a Silver Age collector, but find myself dipping into the GA more and more frequently--at least if you consider the GA as going through the early 50's pre-code years. I've dabbled in EC's, and love pre-code horror books from afar.

Anyway, I just managed to get two of my grails (thanks Quality Comics). :cloud9:

HOM1.jpg

SA1.jpg

Nice! HOM#1 has been a 2 decade want for me, I have to break down & do it one of these days.

totj18-1.jpg

thrillingcrime.jpg

Looks like a tear by the guy in the right corner. That probably accounts for the grade. But the book looks so much better than VG...

That's the coolest looking snake I've seen on a comic!

totj18-1.jpg

thrillingcrime.jpg

Looks like a tear by the guy in the right corner. That probably accounts for the grade. But the book looks so much better than VG...

Yeah, I didn't comment on these L.B. Cole books the other day because I was stunned by the Single Series #20 (Tarzan) book Billy posted, but these two books are killer!!!! I'm going to have to post an L.B. Cole cover now in retaliation.

terrorsofthejungle17.jpg

totj18-1.jpg

thrillingcrime.jpg

Yeah, I didn't comment on these L.B. Cole books the other day because I was stunned by the Single Series #20 (Tarzan) book Billy posted, but these two books are killer!!!! I'm going to have to post an L.B. Cole cover now in retaliation.

terrorsofthejungle17.jpg

what a great book. well done owl,

Wonderful book Matt (worship)

I once attempted to put a run of those together. Didn't work out. But I wish it had.

L.B. Cole, another artistic gem of the GA world, unknown to me, formerly a SA collector. Mask #1 & 2 are classics of the highest degree, as far as I am concerned.

And you got to love that Strange Adventures #1 - a classic cover even with it's awful color palate.

This ended last night on ebay. No, I did not win it :cry: I have been tinkering with the idea of putting this run together. This book ended right at $500.00. Is that a good price? A normal price for this book or a book in this run? Seemed a little pricey to me but I am not sure. I think there's a little more wear on the spine than is clearly visible in the pic. Could you press this book? Thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

N-B-S_WonderComics_015-b.jpg

N-B-S_WonderComics_015-c.jpg

This ended last night on ebay. No, I did not win it :cry: I have been tinkering with the idea of putting this run together. This book ended right at $500.00. Is that a good price? A normal price for this book or a book in this run? Seemed a little pricey to me but I am not sure. I think there's a little more wear on the spine than is clearly visible in the pic. Could you press this book? Thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

N-B-S_WonderComics_015-b.jpg

N-B-S_WonderComics_015-c.jpg

it is a pretty book...good price? apparently to the winner ;)