• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

:cloud9: note ronny, he said 'might", and if it is anything like "Gator, LSU "might" beat your team tonight"....well, then, you got no shot :baiting:

this preposterous post drove me to the internet. i found:

f'ball, gators have a 29-23 all-time edge. thank spurrier for that--lsu led when he was hired, lsu has an edge since he left.

roundball, lsu 58-37. even the national champs from year before last were drummed by a bad tiger team.

baseball, lsu 34-22 thru a few years ago, the most recent source i could find.

i don't really count ladies b'ball, but lsu recently finished a 5 in a row final four run; i think the gators trail that one badly, but couldn't find a series record.

i don't really count softball, but until last year, i recalled fla. losing almost every game in the series--i checked: 27-10 lsu.

those constitute the so-called "major" sports, the ones t.v. fools with. hard to compare the next biggest sport, track, since they probably have no dual meets. but lsu has 25 or so nat'l c'ships in that one, and i'm not sure fla. has any, but who cares?

just because you have a couple correspondence-course degrees from the outfit, at least try to stay lightly tethered to the planet on the lsu issue.

what does any of that have to do with you saying that LSU "might" win last year in football ... lol

Every year is "last year" at some point.

agreed...

so let us talk about "This year" or even "next year"...

Football...Florida is the National Champion...and the SEC Champion..Florida is sure to be preseason #1 (with maybe Texas #2)...

Basketball...Florida is currently 16-2, 3-0 in SEC play, LSU is 14-3, 2-1 in SEC play

Baseball...Florida is projected to win the East, and LSU is projected to win the west...

Softball...Florida was #2 last year, and preseaon #1 this year...

etc, etc

That IS a great cover. You landed a nice one. Is that a Joker lighter??? or maybe a Joker flask???

Edited by Senormac

That Joker cover is awesome. I've been seeing that book pop up lately.

Here's one from 1953. Issue #3. Really nice shape. Real glossy with a stiff cover. Blacks are much deeper than the scan shows.

scan0001-1.jpg

Edited by CatskillMike

Here's one from 1953. Issue #3. Really nice shape. Real glossy with a stiff cover. Blacks are much deeper than the scan shows.

scan0001-1.jpg

I really love this cover, I have been wanting to get one for about a year. but haven't yet. :applause:

This one was a great read. Look at the opening splash page. Nice coloring, I think. Good Green Hornet story, Spirit of 76, GGA in Calamity Jane. Advertisement for Black Cat #8.

HPIM0812.jpg

greenhornetbc.jpg

Edited by CatskillMike

scan0001-1.jpg

I've never seen that!! I need one!! (worship) (worship)

This one was a great read. Look at the opening splash page. Nice coloring, I think. Good Green hornet story, Spirit of 76, GGA in calamity Jane. Advertisement for Black Cat #8.

HPIM0812.jpg

Thats awesome !! Its almost Kirby like !!

Just got this in todays mail from James Payette out in NH. This is my birthday gift from my wife who padded my paypal account and said, "Get yourself a comic." What a woman !! (thumbs u

Police49.jpg