• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

My first Pep. After drooling over these books for two years I finally made the leap. I think I got a fairly good deal on this ebay pick up

Pep44.jpg

That's a great one to start with. Can't go wrong with the Shield, Archie, and Jughead on the cover (thumbs u

Day 5......... checked the mail for my eagerly awaited purchase........

nothin....... :(

Yea, theres no mail on Sunday, but I was hopin I missed somethin from Saturdays delivery.

I love this thread ....so many cool books. The Caspers are very cool and the Pep too.......just, all of em !!

Came in the mail today. I think the OS notation that Frazetta is "Giunta's assistant" is wrong though. Other research I found online shows that Frazetta came up with the snowman character by himself in the late 1930's & this story is by Frazetta, Penciled by Frazetta, and inked by Giunta to add some polish to the youngster's work. Sound like more than as assistant to me! (shrug)

3266868483_ec380a0f98_o.jpg

I haven't seen them lately for sure. One ended on ebay the other day for a whopping price, so I guess a lot of people have been waiting for one to come up.

It makes me wonder what the toughest Frazetta book (interior or cover) is. Anyone venture a guess? I'm thinking it might be the horror cover (Beware 10?).

Edited by Weird Paper

My first Pep. After drooling over these books for two years I finally made the leap. I think I got a fairly good deal on this ebay pick up

Pep44.jpg

:applause: Fun book Ronaldo

lol funny cover but it seems that Archie would be kicking the shield in the end.......

I would have been annoyed back then , knowing that Archie would be taking over the title.

Pep44.jpg

:applause: Fun book Ronaldo

lol funny cover but it seems that Archie would be kicking the shield in the end.......

I would have been annoyed back then , knowing that Archie would be taking over the title.

Tough book to find!

I haven't seen them lately for sure. One ended on ebay the other day for a whopping price, so I guess a lot of people have been waiting for one to come up.

And, Thanks Bob!

thank goodness i only want his covers and don't have that one on the w'list. nice get tho' matt.

This just in from a Sunday. I've wanted a copy this book since about 1987 and either it always cost too much or it just wasn't in good enough shape--until now.

Hit25-fc.jpg

very, very nice. i gave trying for an upgrade a long look sunday, but decided not. glad i didn't make ya' pay more. i originally was after only the 1st 24 large logo hits, but i eventually decided i really liked the 25, and it is such a nice, round number. here's my little rag.

hit25.jpg