• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,435 posts in this topic

Just got this one in today :cloud9: Tough book to find graded since there are only 4 on the census.

Major Kudos to Point Five for locating this copy for me :applause:

Thanks Jon (thumbs u

Kidnapping Brides should be a felony. (tsk)

Come on now, the guys just doing the groom a favor!

However a TV show of Brides that go around kidnapping people might be a hoot. hm

Just got this one in today :cloud9: Tough book to find graded since there are only 4 on the census.

Major Kudos to Point Five for locating this copy for me :applause:

Thanks Jon (thumbs u

Kidnapping Brides should be a felony. (tsk)

Come on now, the guys just doing the groom a favor!

However a TV show of Brides that go around kidnapping people might be a hoot. hm

"Here Come the Brides" would be the name and, of course, Fox would be the network.

Don't be surprised when this shows up as a mid-season replacement.

Fantastic books everyone......I'd love to read that "Boy with the most comic books in America" story. Thanks for all this great entertainment, while I sit wainting for the dang mail man to bring my prize......

Day 9......... checked the mail for my eagerly awaited purchase........

Hey.....whats this??? Oh yea, Sugar and Spike #25.....not what I was hopin to find.....but glad it arrived. Posted pic in Silver 10cent thread.....

Day 10......... checked the mail for my eagerly awaited purchase........

nothin....... :(

Day 11......... checked the mail for my eagerly awaited purchase........

nothin........ :( (no mail Sunday)

Day 12......... checked the mail for my eagerly awaited purchase........

nothin........ :( (no mail Holiday Monday)

You two give me hope...... :applause:

After all this build up....I hope the book meets everyones approval. I mean, its not an Action 1 or anything.....just a cool.......black cover......DC........mid forties.......10 cent.......Golden Age........52 page.......

......book.

UPS runs on Presidents Day! I love them.

The tall geek (Richard, aka Mr. Bedrock) picked these beauties up for me at the NYCC.

I could not possibly be happier. Thanks geek!!!!!!!!!!!

The scans do not do thes books justice. They are so glossy and fesh in person, you'd swear they just came off the rack.

BlackCat8.jpg

BlackCat9.jpg

BlackCat21.jpg

Glad you got them, Bill:) I thought you might like them:) Don't I get honorable mention, lol:) ?

lol

Sharon is right. Honorable mention goes to her for finding them and trying to call me on my cell phone. I missed the call and subsequently called Richard and he negotiated a sweet deal for me on the books

It was a team effort :banana:^^

MEEEE- OWWWW !! (thumbs u ciorac

That's what I am talking about Senor. Nice post for your 1000th post too :applause:

These books are so cool. The art on the Black Cat is superb, and you get a Simon and Kirby Stuntman to boot. Not a bad deal.

UPS runs on Presidents Day! I love them.

The tall geek (Richard, aka Mr. Bedrock) picked these beauties up for me at the NYCC.

I could not possibly be happier. Thanks geek!!!!!!!!!!!

The scans do not do thes books justice. They are so glossy and fesh in person, you'd swear they just came off the rack.

BlackCat8.jpg

BlackCat9.jpg

BlackCat21.jpg

Very nice books, you just don't see Black Cats in this shape!

Sweet! Might even be an Ohio copy on this one.

BlackCat8.jpg

By Jove, I think you are right! You pedigree sleuth you. They all look like they could be from pedigree collections. The 21 has a date stamp on the back, no markings on the 9. But they clearly were in circulation so they aren't file copies.

Nice Black cats!

Thanks Shiv, I'm in GGA heaven :cloud9:

don't quite ascend to heaven yet; leave yourself somewhere to go when that next one comes in. you know what i'm talking about.

Nice Black cats!

Thanks Shiv, I'm in GGA heaven :cloud9:

don't quite ascend to heaven yet; leave yourself somewhere to go when that next one comes in. you know what i'm talking about.

You're right. I'll hang on to terra firma for a while longer.