• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

These probably belong here, not General where they'll most likely be overlooked.

Overabundance of riches this week!

Four from ciorac for the "element collection" -- thanks for a nice deal on these "Pat K collection" books.

Space Action 2 Aug-52 Ace, Silicon Monsters from Galaxy X. Classic cover and a very odd space travel story that seems to mix up silicon and silica in the big resolution.

SpaceAction2.jpg

Space Adventures 7 Jul-53 Giordano cover. Sort of an accident but a terrific gold story and a strange sex-change story.

SpaceAdventures7.jpg

Strange Adventures 17 Feb-52. I've wanted this one for a long time -- a Captain Comet story about "Synthetic Men" with calcium nitrate, calcium carbonate, oxygen and nitrogen in the resolution! Then a backup story that I didn't even know about with a guy wandering around someone's (well-lighted) brain looking for chunks of radium and quenching them with lead sulfate.

Strangeadv17.jpg

Strange Worlds 8 Aug-52, Avon. I got it for The Metal Murderer cover that turns out to only have a "platinum dollar" reference in it, but that's the weakest story in the book! Artwork by Lazarus, Kinstler, Kubert and Hollingsworth!

StrangeWorlds8.jpg

Jack

And one more already posted in General.

From an ebay seller that I hadn't tried before, Riot 1 Apr-54, Atlas. A bit rough but under a Burgos cover are Mad-style stories by Heath, Post, Hartley, Maneely and Colan!

Riot1.jpg

I have a Riot #3 coming soon!

Jack

And one more already posted in General.

From an ebay seller that I hadn't tried before, Riot 1 Apr-54, Atlas. A bit rough but under a Burgos cover are Mad-style stories by Heath, Post, Hartley, Maneely and Colan!

Riot1.jpg

I have a Riot #3 coming soon!

Jack

What a cool book! Love the hunchback holding the skull on a post!

Never saw this before! :applause:

Space Adventures 7 Jul-53 Giordano cover. Sort of an accident but a terrific gold story and a strange sex-change story.

"Strange Sex Change Stories"

Sounds like a Carmine Infantino/Jeff Jones title.

slam-bang run slam-dunked. bedrock and i had a little trade, and i got this one to complete the run, plus a nice fiction house. i'll let him post what he got when he gets it [i can never wait].

slambang4.jpg

fight11.jpg

slam-bang run slam-dunked. bedrock and i had a little trade, and i got this one to complete the run, plus a nice fiction house. i'll let him post what he got when he gets it [i can never wait].

slambang4.jpg

fight11.jpg

:cloud9:

That Fight was my book once...love the Will Eisner cover. :applause:

slambang4.jpg

fight11.jpg

I changed my mind... :blush:

it is called premature posting...happens to the best of comic collectors every now and again

it is called premature posting...happens to the best of comic collectors every now and again

I think there is a pill for that

apparently not in LA

apparently not in LA

:blush:

My half of the trade...Thanks Billy! (thumbs u

jumbo20.jpg

It goes great with these...

jumbo11.jpg

jumbo13.jpg

jumbo14.jpg

jumbo16.jpg

jumbo18.jpg

jumbo19.jpg

Great books Richard and Billy! (worship)

Looks like the trade was a slam dunk on both sides (thumbs u

boy is billy going to be PO'd when I win that Jumbo 20 :baiting: