• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Many (most?) of those GA Peps seem undervalued to me

If you mean they're undervalued in the Guide, I totally agree. This one was only 9X Guide and seemed like a pretty good deal to me lol

Here are a few pickups of yesterday... the Comics & Stories are Crowley copies (admittedly mid-grade, due to sub creases, which in 3/4 cases don't break color), and the Four Color 62 is a long-time grail...

Closing in on a run of WDC&S from #50 to 300, and just three more Barks Four Colors to go!

76001.jpg.f6d2361d07772f3e314f83fadb73d893.jpg

76002.jpg.31493c59c40fbe7d912e3eab74077a34.jpg

76003.jpg.780b16ab160efd7fedee14f2559bd946.jpg

my very recent clink win. Just slightly under guide but I can't pass up those white pages and I love the cover.

batman20.jpg

I love this book Greg. The 20 was one of the last three I found when assembling the 1 - 500 run. Mine was no where near as nice as yours though.

(worship)

Here are a few pickups of yesterday... the Comics & Stories are Crowley copies (admittedly mid-grade, due to sub creases, which in 3/4 cases don't break color), and the Four Color 62 is a long-time grail...

Closing in on a run of WDC&S from #50 to 300, and just three more Barks Four Colors to go!

Awesome books! I was watching those Crowley's but just didn't have any extra $$$ to bid.

Congrats on closing in on the run! How close are you? I am still about 140 away from #1-300 and need 10 Barks FCs.

Oh, and I have been noticing that FC62's tend to come in "Neat" print jobs & "sloppy". For some reason about half of them I have seen have a very fuzzy black plate print job, so that it looks like the ink was bleeding into the cover a bit. Yours is one of the sharp copies. :applause:

In all the auction hullabaloo I forgot to post this Heritage Sunday win from two Sundays ago. Still kicking myself for low-balling and missing out on the Bang Up #1 last Sunday but this mollifies me a little! I can even live with the paper popping out...

slambang2-fc.jpg

In all the auction hullabaloo I forgot to post this Heritage Sunday win from two Sundays ago. Still kicking myself for low-balling and missing out on the Bang Up #1 last Sunday but this mollifies me a little! I can even live with the paper popping out...

slambang2-fc.jpg

love it. love me some slam-bangs.

i let the bang up go, as i was after the aman 9 and thunda'a 1, and lost both of 'em.