• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,563 posts in this topic

Looks like someone might have added a bit of glue to the top of the spine split... in Marnin's scans, the spine split is open (the way I bought it), but in Mutiefan's scan, the top of the spine split (at the top of book), appears closed, or partially sealed at the top.

I finally took the plunge! This is my very first GA book. Bought today from Terry's Comics at Super Con in San Jose. Supposedly it is the Detroit Trolley copy but (shrug)

Pep9FC.jpg[/img]

Hi Mutiefan,

It would make sense that its the Trolley ... I traded the Trolley copy to Terry over a year ago. And that copy certainly matches Marnin's scans.

It was a nice copy! Congrats!

Thank you. It is the copy in the scans, there are three circular indentations on the cover that match. :applause: I am very excited! I can’t wait to pick up some more.

Looks like someone might have added a bit of glue to the top of the spine split... in Marnin's scans, the spine split is open (the way I bought it), but in Mutiefan's scan, the top of the spine split (at the top of book), appears closed, or partially sealed at the top.

It is split open. I guess that is just the way the splits got pressed together in my scanner bed. It is split all the way from the top down to that first little tear to the left of the c in comics.

Do you have any more early Peps? If so... hm

It is split open. I guess that is just the way the splits got pressed together in my scanner bed. It is split all the way from the top down to that first little tear to the left of the c in comics.

Glad it is untouched! Would be a shame to change it in any way, that copy was so sweet.

I don't have anymore PEP's, but Marnin still has some (five!) PEP Trolleys up on his site for sale...

http://collectorsassemble.com/auction_sale.php?auction_sale_id=56&page=3

Tell Marnin I sent you!

Glad it is untouched! Would be a shame to change it in any way, that copy was so sweet.

I don't have anymore PEP's, but Marnin still has some (five!) PEP Trolleys up on his site for sale...

http://collectorsassemble.com/auction_sale.php?auction_sale_id=56&page=3

Tell Marnin I sent you!

Thanks, I wil! BTW do you have the cert that came with the book? Terry did not.

seems like a long time since i posted a new funny-book. pardon the little scan, it was all that was available from the listing.

yellowjacket6.jpg

Cool book Billy :applause:

And I LOVE the new avatar! Say hi to her for us :)

I was happy to get another Fox book today. It's been a LONG time since I had any issues from this title.

It might be a long time but that's a good way to kick start a revival! :applause:

I was happy to get another Fox book today. It's been a LONG time since I had any issues from this title.

love this and the other mm 9.