• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

So I gave up a small fortume in trade and cash for it, when am I ever going to have the chance to pick up another?

FY6cgc90f.jpg

:censored::takeit::frustrated::pullhair::luhv::slapfight:(worship):D:wishluck::applause: ...:sorry: as you can see, I have very conflicted emotions on this one. You people are keeeeeling me! Congrats JTMF, I need to go have a nap/cry

I pulled a Vito Corelone, and made Brent an offer he couldn't refuse. He politely declined my offer of a severed horse head to be added in to the books and money I sent him though. hm

Don't worry Chris, last time I checked, your collection was still the bee's knees, with or without a crusty old Fighting Yank book to sully it up.

I was looking hard at that one, too. When I went back for a second look it was already gone to Brent. Glad you picked it up Jive.

Thanks, happy to have it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there is no GPA info on the book...Its one of those timeless GA Classics that tends to never leave a collection once its there, no matter what the grade. I'd be curious to see what a low to mid grade copy would fetch in a no reserve C-Link auction...I'm guessing $800-$1k easy.

That needs to be in your "Schomburg Nedor Knock-Out Covers:" list!

West

So I gave up a small fortume in trade and cash for it, when am I ever going to have the chance to pick up another?

FY6cgc90f.jpg

:censored::takeit::frustrated::pullhair::luhv::slapfight:(worship):D:wishluck::applause: ...:sorry: as you can see, I have very conflicted emotions on this one. You people are keeeeeling me! Congrats JTMF, I need to go have a nap/cry

I pulled a Vito Corelone, and made Brent an offer he couldn't refuse. He politely declined my offer of a severed horse head to be added in to the books and money I sent him though. hm

Don't worry Chris, last time I checked, your collection was still the bee's knees, with or without a crusty old Fighting Yank book to sully it up.

I was looking hard at that one, too. When I went back for a second look it was already gone to Brent. Glad you picked it up Jive.

Thanks, happy to have it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there is no GPA info on the book...Its one of those timeless GA Classics that tends to never leave a collection once its there, no matter what the grade. I'd be curious to see what a low to mid grade copy would fetch in a no reserve C-Link auction...I'm guessing $800-$1k easy.

That needs to be in your "Schomburg Nedor Knock-Out Covers:" list!

West

i don't know...its more of an Impending Decapitation then a Knock-Out. :P

I don't post that many books here, but Collin, did me a special favor in selling me this book...I've been looking for one for a while, and I LOVE it...

So thank you, Collin (ComicDey) and yes, you ARE Wonderful ! :cloud9:(worship)(worship)

87430.jpg

Some superb Everett stories in that issue! :applause:

I'd be curious to see what a low to mid grade copy would fetch in a no reserve C-Link auction...I'm guessing $800-$1k easy.
Me too. Well, low grade really.

fy6-fc-1.jpg

In a way I'm glad you got that copy before I saw it! I can't afford it. But if you ever want to downgrade, let me know! lol

I don't post that many books here, but Collin, did me a special favor in selling me this book...I've been looking for one for a while, and I LOVE it...

So thank you, Collin (ComicDey) and yes, you ARE Wonderful ! :cloud9:(worship)(worship)

87430.jpg

Sweet book! :applause: (thumbs u

gozer helped me out on a cool book too...kudos to you both (thumbs u

Thanks Rick. That wouldn't happen to have been a VCC book would it?

nope...why, what did I miss (I was busy with Florida vs ark football this weekend)

nope...why, what did I miss (I was busy with Florida vs ark football this weekend)

Gozer had a bunch of nice stuff. Somebody picked up one of his books that I was thinking about.

Looks like that SEC officiating crew is going to have some free time on their hands. :grin:

Gozer had a bunch of nice stuff. Somebody picked up one of his books that I was thinking about.

Looks like that SEC officiating crew is going to have some free time on their hands. :grin:

indeed lol

I got two books from Stephen as well...can't wait to see 'em in hand. :whee:

By chance did one of 'em have a #33 on the cover :grin:

By chance did one of 'em have a #33 on the cover :grin:

There is a distinct possibility. :shy: