• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

picked up a new Doc. thrilled to have it.

clip_image001.jpg

I am really starting to dig the whole skull cover phenom

thanks ro' and g.a.tor. i especially love when the logo is actually interactive with a character on the cover. too cool how he's grabbing the 's.'

I submitted some of my nicer raw Kings recently. I'm very happy with the outcome.

The #1 was previously a PLOD -- had the resto removed and it still maintained it's grade. The #17 is a stunning copy and it made me all warm and fuzzy to see the CGC 9.2 grade. I purchased the #12 as a Lost Valley copy with the COA, but I had no clue that the #14 belonged to the same pedigree. Sweet!

Excuse the wonky photos.. I don't have a slab scanner yet.

KingComics1CGC.jpg

KingComics12CGC.jpg

KingComics14CGC.jpg

KingComics15CGC.jpg

KingComics17CGC.jpg

KingComics14CGC.jpg

This will sound odd, but I really like the "medium blue" covers from around this period of GA books (Fox had a lot of neat ones too)... an unusual color... and they look amazing when they're not faded. Absolutely stunning colors on this one! :applause:

KingComics14CGC.jpg

This will sound odd, but I really like the "medium blue" covers from around this period of GA books (Fox had a lot of neat ones too)... an unusual color... and they look amazing when they're not faded. Absolutely stunning colors on this one! :applause:

I agree.

I think the cover is especially attractive because blue is used along with the colors yellow and orange. That's probably my favorite color combination.

CaptainMarvel2.jpg

Very pretty Steve! DC did a version of that cover and story - probably because Binder, who wrote the original, came over to DC.