• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

How long did it take you to talk him out of those? I gave up on a Church Exciting in Chicago after 10 minutes where I didn't really get to say anything.
been working on them since august at chicago con lol

Tough to stop at just 2 copies? Those are gorgeus books.

there were several others I would love to have, just couldn't afford

How long did it take you to talk him out of those? I gave up on a Church Exciting in Chicago after 10 minutes where I didn't really get to say anything.

It's easy to keep a "conversation" going with Jon because you really aren't necessary.

true...but you always get multiple versions...so keeps it interesting lol

And he does his own play by play! (thumbs u
and sometimes he remembers each play differently the second go around lol

but I do love me some verzyl...always treated me grand, always has a good thing to say to me, and he still remembers the first book I bought from him in 1988...rest aside, kind of keeps one loyal (thumbs u

It's easy to keep a "conversation" going with Jon because you really aren't necessary.

but I do love me some verzyl...always treated me grand, always has a good thing to say to me, and he still remembers the first book I bought from him in 1988...rest aside, kind of keeps one loyal (thumbs u

He is good natured and very knowledgeable with loads of stories to share. I always drop by to see him at Cons but rarely get away in less than an hour.

He is good natured and very knowledgeable with loads of stories to share. I always drop by to see him at Cons but rarely get away in less than an hour.

what is an hour in a lifetime of comic goodness :baiting:

I have to say that the GA sellers tend to be a more colorful bunch than the later age folks. They are certainly more willing to talk and pass along stories.

I have to say that the GA sellers tend to be a more colorful bunch than the later age folks.

They are almost as colorful as GA collectors. (:

when i sold my exciting church run, i hung onto this one due to the robot cover

104840.jpg.948658b96ccba5bca471edefe8e569f0.jpg

animal_comics_9_small.jpg

Another war bonds cover. I was underbidder on this on Heritage last year at $250 when the Aussie dollar was trading at US70c. Then it popped up on ebay last week with a BIN of $150 - and the Aussie is US98c... :banana: :banana:

That's one you don't see hanging around very often.

:takeit:

I stopped by the LCS today and they had gotten in a new collection of GA books. They had a number of low-grade pre-27 Tecs and Superman. Not trying to pimp my store but I know a lot of you look for those kind of books. Contact info =

Comic Book World

You'll have to call the Florence store to get a list and prices. I didn't have a chance to write them down.