• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

I only sent in two comics from the large collection that I recently acquired. I'm certainly glad I did!

The 9.4 is a DOUBLE COVER! And the 9.0 (tied for top census with the Crippen copy) has off white to white pages :)

gradedcomics.jpg

Are ya keepin' or movin' the Junior?

I only sent in two comics from the large collection that I recently acquired. I'm certainly glad I did!

The 9.4 is a DOUBLE COVER! And the 9.0 (tied for top census with the Crippen copy) has off white to white pages :)

gradedcomics.jpg

Are ya keepin' or movin' the Junior?

They will both be sold to some lucky person. Either straight sale or auction

gradedcomics.jpg

:applause: Vey nice, Bill!

gradedcomics.jpg

pretty, pretty, prettty.

gradedcomics.jpg

Wowzers, congrat's Bill!

gradedcomics.jpg

Good gawd! That Phantom Lady is a killer. :o(worship)

I love the Allan Anderson painted cover!

AmazingAdventuresZD2FC.jpg

I've always liked that cover but never knew the artist. What else did he do Alan, do you know?

Lots of great pulp covers, especially for Ziff-Davis and FH in addition to his Ziff-Davis comic covers. Pick up a copy of Illustration Magazine #11 which has an excellent bio, career summary and list of his art. Bud Plant carries them but only has recent issues. http://budsartbooks.com/prod.cfm/pc/IL26/cid/14

Some samples pages from issue #11:

Illustration11p71.jpg

Illustration71p72.jpg

gradedcomics.jpg

:o(worship) (worship) (worship)

gradedcomics.jpg

Woohoo! I called the 9.0 on the Phantom Lady. Beautiful books, Bill.

Thanks man. The whole run was up on ebay and I was pissed I lost out on the 1 & 7 too. I'll get 'em tho! ;) Plus, I'm really happy about getting the 8 in that shape (hard to get!) and a 12 in ANY shape!

I actually met Cole at a convention - He was one of the nicest people I have ever met. I was snot-nosed high school kid who really didn't know who he was but I got his autograph and I just remember how polite and kind he was. Even though I appreciate his art and have several books with Cole covers, I appreciate Cole, the man, even more.

Just got these

I've only recently discovered Ghost Rider - very cool books, lots of D ick Ayers goodness in the few I've seen. :cloud9:

His Ghost Rider art and stories are uniformly fun reading. (thumbs u