• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

Probably not too much love for this one, but it has sentimental value to me. The 1st time I went to San Diego with my father (when I was only 18) we saw a double cover copy of All Star Comics #32. Funny thing was, next year at SD we saw the exact same book again at another dealers table. 2 years later we saw the same book for a 3rd time! I always think of my father when I see this cover.

allstar32.jpg[/img]

Cool book, and an even cooler story :applause:

2404630826_d48a06d053_z.jpg

I purchased my first All Star (All Star 23, Psycho Pirate) back in 1964 but traded it away for some artwork a year later. I purchased my second, All Star 32, in 1997, after buying 1100 golden age comics from Wally. He didn't have any All Star comics in the pile but this one was available. I had to have it which probably led to selling many of the other books in my collection. It sort of was "the straw that broke the camel's back".

I still have that All Star and his friends.

5544928148_7ed05ecd5d_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

I bought this book on the boards from 'thehumantorch' a couple months ago. I had it sent to CGC and when I received it back I posted a pic here from my iPhone. Some of you may know, I don't have a scanner. This morning I was lucky enough to have access to a scanner so I thought I would share my first scan. I couldn't figure out how to scan a bigger area, but you can see the book well. Here is a tough book to locate, Rangers Comics 2

399c3126.jpg

I had never seen a single copy of this issue before I purchased. I was very excited to see the back cover. Notice the elusive Planet 15 cover.

55113b04.jpg

I bought this book on the boards from 'thehumantorch' a couple months ago. I had it sent to CGC and when I received it back I posted a pic here from my iPhone. Some of you may know, I don't have a scanner. This morning I was lucky enough to have access to a scanner so I thought I would share my first scan. I couldn't figure out how to scan a bigger area, but you can see the book well. Here is a tough book to locate, Rangers Comics 2

399c3126.jpg

I had never seen a single copy of this issue before I purchased. I was very excited to see the back cover. Notice the elusive Planet 15 cover.

55113b04.jpg

That's a great looking book! It does seem to be a toughie.

i was first runner-up at the pageant where this book was a finalist. it turns out that the winner can't serve out his term, and i get to ascend to the title of mr. vancouver! thanks so much to a boardie for putting me into this book. i just love it.

bb21.jpg

Never saw this book before and that Vancouver pedigree sure is something. Need to find me a neat book from this collection. Way to go StrawPal. (thumbs u

there's a nice vancouver up in the sales forum now. heard the seller is a really reasonable guy.

That's a "Straw-Man". (It begins :hi: )

I wonder if you were bidding against Vaughn ? That looks like a paratrooper cover to me. Very nice bp :applause:

thanks 'mac; the boardie was not vaughn, tho' i thought of him way back when it first appeared. in fact, the pennsylvania of this book sold recently and i hoped it was the 'trooper who won it. never saw it posted here, however.

Glad to part with it for the great Billy Parker!

:frustrated: Where was this auctioned off at? I didn't even get to bid :frustrated:

just like ro' gave me first shot at it this time, you get first shot if i divest. i will not forget.

Picked this up a few months ago and finally scanned it in.

Atomicwar1.jpg

Fits nicely with these three examples from the Bethlehem pedigree collection.

Alas, I had an opportunity to reunite the #1 with mine but I passed and now I don't know where it is. :cry:

AtomicWar2.jpgAtomicWar3Beth.jpgAtomicWar4.jpg

Did I say this was freakin awesome yet ??!!!

Yea, I know.... but it was worth a repeat !! :applause:

ahem, I mean .... extremely nice books Mr. Zaid. :grin: