• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Just got this very hard to come by book in from Gator...

th_jumbo16.jpg

JumboComics0161940-06CGC70.jpg

it is indeed a wonderful book. well done.

Thats a super cool cover !! But who in their right mind would name their boat the Red Raider with a skull and crossbones on it ? Wouldn't that be drawing unwanted attention to oneself and ones nefarious business ? Assuming one was a nefarious criminal bad guy type :grin:

Not an easy book to find! :applause:

113381.jpg

Not an easy book to find! :applause:

113381.jpg

I hate to hear that this isn't an easy book to find because my first thought on seeing that cover was: WANT. That's a great-looking book.

Two excellent books Cimm :applause:

They are my favorites from their respective runs

i'm with you on the jo-jo, pons, but your other fave falls into the #2 slot for me behind this'un.

jumbo10.jpg

Sweet book, Straw-Man (?). I've got to get me one of those. Anybody know where I can find one for sale? And, what it might go for? hm

Landed this book recently and thought ....."y'know.... thats a double electric bolt murder cover " . Can't be many of those around :popcorn:

PlasticMan32.jpg

Great cover! I don't think I've seen a copy of that before. :applause:

A very long time since I added a Matt Baker romance comic to my collection, but this is one I couldnt resist. It's an outsized issue which gives his artwork plenty of room to breath, and there are four masterfully rendered stories inside. As for the cover, I think it's one of the best in the run. As for scarcity? This is the first copy I've seen in 20 years of searching!

Teen-ageRomances1580.jpg

Now where's that Baker thread got to?

A very long time since I added a Matt Baker romance comic to my collection, but this is one I couldnt resist. It's an outsized issue which gives his artwork plenty of room to breath, and there are four masterfully rendered stories inside. As for the cover, I think it's one of the best in the run. As for scarcity? This is the first copy I've seen in 20 years of searching!

Teen-ageRomances1580.jpg

Now where's that Baker thread got to?

Ah, you were the winner. That went for nice. I was bidding on that, my copy is low grade.

Congratulations.

Landed this book recently and thought ....."y'know.... thats a double electric bolt murder cover " . Can't be many of those around :popcorn:

PlasticMan32.jpg

Mr. Fission :cloud9:

The cover looks kinda Cole-like, but its after he had left Quality. He drew alot of people off balance or something :popcorn: