• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

My big SDCC buy from Nadia and Joe Mannarino of All Star Auctions. The spline completely split, but Batman #1 is mine! I was walking by the All Star Auctions booth and struck up a conversation with Nadia. After walking around the con, I decided to make the purchase. This comic comes from the Jerry Robinson collection. In fact, he autographed the first page on the lower right hand corner. The comic book is raw, not slabbed as you can see.

My precious!

Batman1Cover.jpg

Batman1backcover.jpg

Batman1Page1JerryRobinsonAuto.jpg

:applause:

Just arrived! I wasn't planning to start working on Actions until I finished my Superman run, but I really liked this one and couldn't pass it up. Thanks to Jeff (nearmint) for selling it to me!

ActionComics33CGCFVF70.jpg

Just arrived! I wasn't planning to start working on Actions until I finished my Superman run, but I really liked this one and couldn't pass it up. Thanks to Jeff (nearmint) for selling it to me!

:applause:

Awesome book, Todd! :applause:

Congrats Todd (thumbs u

What is the scope of the run you are contemplating?

Super book Fury. I saw that sales thread and could only drool and watch.

How funny is it that criminals who are watching a guy lift and fly with an armored $$$ vehicle above his head, think they can bring him down with bullets lol

How funny is it that criminals who are watching a guy lift and fly with an armored $$$ vehicle above his head, think they can bring him down with bullets lol

And why, after defiantly letting bullets bounce off his chest, does our hero duck when the bad guys throw their empty guns at him?

And why, after defiantly letting bullets bounce off his chest, does our hero duck when the bad guys throw their empty guns at him?

Showmanship (shrug)

Showmanship (shrug)

Maybe he doesn't want a perfectly good firearm to get bent when it hits him hm

Maybe 23 - 40 to start? (shrug) 1st Luthor to the great tank cover.

What about tank cover to tank cover?

2509142358_576466e72f.jpg3150997758_8c7d9e827d.jpg

The first tank looks more like a Renault FT-17 and the Action 40 tank looks like a Panzer III which was out-gunned by Grants and Shermans that were made for the British during WWII. They were replaced by the PZ IV and PZV which were bigger with a longer range gun.