• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

I acquired this Flash Comics 92 at NYCC. Always wanted a copy, so when I saw it at the show, I knew I was doomed. :grin:

SAM_0224.jpg

huge fan of that book (thumbs u

+1. A great book! :applause:

White pages and a nice white cover. Very pretty!!

Ok, you guys thought the Masters Comics were cool and rare, check these out!

My UNBELIEVABLE appreciation to Dave Reynolds of Dave's American Comics who bought them at an OO estate sale and sold them to me notwithstanding numerous other inquiries and higher offers! He is a class act all the way!

Try finding even one of these much less five in one shot!! :cloud9:

LittleGiant1.jpgLittleGiant2.jpgLittleGiant3.jpgLittleGiantDetective.jpgLittleGiantMovie.jpg

:o:cry:

Congrats! (thumbs u

Hoping this is the right thread for this post :)

Picked up a few books from a fellow board member this week :) Thanx Telerites !!

84dccd35.jpg

a1a8ed59.jpg

9714f015.jpg

I'm still grinning :)

Love Schomburg's !!

Hoping this is the right thread for this post :)

Picked up a few books from a fellow board member this week :) Thanx Telerites !!

84dccd35.jpg

a1a8ed59.jpg

9714f015.jpg

I'm still grinning :)

Love Schomburg's !!

This is the right thread Griff. Congrats on some cool books :applause:

That 9.0 with Crandall cover is a beauty (worship)

Really sharp looking book with strong color; you've got a good eye, Mr. Parker. :applause:

thanks!

but the church is the really killer quality!

A few recent pickups... First, a couple of comics that were on my wantlist, Blonde Phantom #12 (#1) and Daring Love #1 (containing the first published work by Steve Ditko):

bp12-dl1.jpg

I'm pretty sure the farmgirl on the Daring Love cover is wearing Wonder Woman's wrist bracelets on her ankles.

Next up, two less-common "bondage" covers from the Avon Publishers: Space Mouse #1, and City of the Living Dead! (#nn -- a one-off).

avon-bondage.jpg

The bondage on the Living Dead comic is not convincing....looks like the zombie will be out of those ropes in no time, and I don't think the woman's lion-tamer whip is going to be particularly effective. Meanwhile, Space Mouse #1 is really kinky, right up there with Sluggo tying up Nancy on the cover of Sparkler #81.

hm I've posted this recently, but since we've got a strong female theme going rather than change course in mid stream here's a classic femme fatale...

img_PlasticMan16_155.jpg

More PlasMa later! (thumbs u

Sweet !! I always found it funny that this book is called a "classic cover" for no other reason than the sexy babe on the front. At least thats all I can come up with :popcorn:

A beauty DM .... church too (thumbs u

wow9jjpg.jpg
Nice book, Billy! :applause:

Fawcetts are pretty cool. Jan 6 reminds me of how old DC books would say, Summer issue or Winter issue. These guys are nailing it down to an exact day. Date of publish ? Date of sale on stands ?

Thats a beautiful copy