• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,424 posts in this topic

It is a beater, but I love it anyway :luhv:

Four Color Series 1 #1

This closes the book on D Tracy in terms of now having the full run of the Monthly issues, all of the Four Colors, all of the Large Features, Feature Books, and giveaways :)

Only Super Comics and the first quarter of the Popular Comics run stand between me and every D Tracy comic book appearance

The pressure is off now though after getting the FC 1.

The rest can take years and I won't mind

856255bc.jpg

Four Color Series 1 #1

This closes the book on D Tracy in terms of now having the full run of the Monthly issues, all of the Four Colors, all of the Large Features, Feature Books, and giveaways :)

Only Super Comics and the first quarter of the Popular Comics run stand between me and every D Tracy comic book appearance

856255bc.jpg

:applause: Nice one, Pons.

Although I'm not a guy who shoots for runs much these days, I know the powerful sense of satisfaction every collector gets from completing one.

Four Color Series 1 #1

856255bc.jpg

Congrats buddy! I know that one has been gnawing at you for a long time.

Do you have the Dick Tracy movie adaptation? :baiting:

Four Color Series 1 #1

856255bc.jpg

Congrats buddy! I know that one has been gnawing at you for a long time.

Do you have the Dick Tracy movie adaptation? :baiting:

But of course

Four Color Series 1 #1

856255bc.jpg

Way to go buddy! Really happy for ya! A great accomplishment!

Four Color Series 1 #1

856255bc.jpg

:applause:

Four Color Series 1 #1

856255bc.jpg

That is an awesome book, Bill! :applause:

Four Color Series 1 #1

856255bc.jpg

:applause:

Thanks guys, I'm really stoked, and relieved, to have the book in hand now

I chased the recent one in the comicconnect auction, but $3200 for this book was just way more than I wanted to have invested.

Four Color Series 1 #1

856255bc.jpg

Congrats Bill! That's an awesome accomplishment. Some of those books are tough as hell. Now let's see the group shot! :D

Four Color Series 1 #1

856255bc.jpg

Congrats Bill! That's an awesome accomplishment. Some of those books are tough as hell. Now let's see the group shot! :D

Don't think I have a wide enough lens, or a high enough perch lol

[font:Comic Sans MS]Knowing that I'd need a fix after ComicCon, kindly ol' Doc Verzyl promised to make a house call when he got back from Chicago.[/font] :preach:

[font:Comic Sans MS]Here's one of the stronger 'scripts he delivered when he dropped by for a chat on Sunday...[/font]

img_AF2FC_188.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]Thanks Doc, I'm feeling much better now! [/font] (thumbs u