• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,453 posts in this topic

they are not here yet but thanks to Cheetah, I was able to pick up a few really nice DWotN books ! here they are !

#33 Crowley Copy -Red Cross cover with a classic profile pose:) I love the fleet in the background

m9ympj.jpg

#43 Crowley Checking Copy - portrait cover !!!

21350lk.jpg

#46 Crowley Checking Copy - Knock Out :)

j8i8sh.jpg

#71 Classic Giordano Cover and the best of the Charlton's

5lxytd.jpg

and last but not least my favorite book of the whole run

its the return of everyone's favorite Pistol Packing Pirate Peach Singapore Sal !!

#60 Crowley Copy ! Squeee !!!!

be9h6b.jpg

Whew 8 CGC'ed "4 of which are Pedigree books" and 4 raw Don Winslows in 1 week = my bank account is G.O.N.E. :) but it was worth it :)

Edited by Griff

I got these from the last HA Signature Auction. Getting them thru UPS was and continues to be a complete cluster spoon! HA recently switched from Fed Ex to UPS for non-US customers. I was double billed for customs, so UPS owes me close to $600 and after over one hour on the phone with no resolution. I tried to contact HA, no response as well. So I might just stick with CC and CL for awhile. I might not be a big fish but you'd think that you could a response! sheesh!

Dino's old book

Adventure79CGC65COW_zps9492a2fd.jpg

I got these from the last HA Signature Auction. Getting them thru UPS was and continues to be a complete cluster spoon! HA recently switched from Fed Ex to UPS for non-US customers. I was double billed for customs, so UPS owes me close to $600 and after over one hour on the phone with no resolution. I tried to contact HA, no response as well. So I might just stick with CC and CL for awhile. I might not be a big fish but you'd think that you could a response! sheesh!

Dino's old book

:applause: Amazing cover !

Nice pick ups! I got two of Dino's books so far from HA(one from the signature auction, and one from this past Sunday's 'Sunday auction'). He had a good eye. Glad grade was not his chief motivation(he just wanted the 'covers to have' in decent shape at least. What an undertaking! Congrats ti you.

they are not here yet but thanks to Cheetah, I was able to pick up a few really nice DWotN books ! here they are !

#33 Crowley Copy -Red Cross cover with a classic profile pose:) I love the fleet in the background

m9ympj.jpg

21350lk.jpg

j8i8sh.jpg

5lxytd.jpg

its the return of everyone's favorite Pistol Packing Pirate Peach Singapore Sal !!

be9h6b.jpg

Whew 8 CGC'ed "4 of which are Pedigree books" and 4 raw Don Winslows in 1 week = my bank account is G.O.N.E. :) but it was worth it :)

Wow! US Navy centric collecting. Inspiring...! :)

Dino's old book

Ditto! :golfclap:

Dino's old book

Ditto! :golfclap:

One of the best for sure :applause:

m9ympj.jpg

21350lk.jpg

j8i8sh.jpg

5lxytd.jpg

be9h6b.jpg

Wow! US Navy centric collecting. Inspiring...! :)

Master Chief if you like Navy and Water themed collections check these out

here is a link to Hibou's Journal on underwater Comics

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6900799&Board=84&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

and here is my journal on Don Winslow of the Navy

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7352278&Board=84&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

Edited by Griff