• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

I regret to inform you that you are all wrong. (tsk)

The best Schomburg airbrush is....

Exciting60cgc92.jpg

bah humbug

:makepoint:

It's a sweet book as well!

Exciting60.jpg

The best Schomburg airbrush is.... Exciting #60

I'd have a hard time picking my favorite, as I have about 2 favorites per title. Honestly it would be hard to pick something over Startling #49, but I do love #48 a lot.

Exciting60cgc92.jpg

Love it! But I don't have a copy of that one yet.

Well, I'd hate to be the guy who is bidding against you for the next nice copy. :kidaround:

I used to have an undercopy from the Aurora collection that is probably a 9.8, 9.6 at worst (it's technically nicer than Okajima I kept). A long time ago in a moment of flagrant stupidity generosity, I offered it to a friend at a reasonable price because we had done some nice trades. He hemmed and hawed for months before I told him to buy it or forget about it. He bought it but has not, unfortunately, experienced any buyer's remorse. :cry:

Love it! But I don't have a copy of that one yet.

Well, I'd hate to be the guy who is bidding against you for the next nice copy. :kidaround:

I used to have an undercopy from the Aurora collection that is probably a 9.8, 9.6 at worst (it's technically nicer than Okajima I kept). A long time ago in a moment of flagrant stupidity generosity, I offered it to a friend at a reasonable price because we had done some nice trades. He hemmed and hawed for months before I told him to buy it or forget about it. He bought it but has not, unfortunately, experienced any buyer's remorse. :cry:

I wish I had your "problems" lol

Holy cow. When did this officially become a thread of all the books I want? :-)

Always loved these Schomburg airbrush titles, but I've been beavering away on them with renewed focus since the summer, trying to find 'affordable' (i.e. poor man's) copies that still present well. I'm especially trying to nail down some of the sci-fi Startlings and Wonders that have eluded me for a very long time.

Beautiful books here, guys! :headbang:

Tell him to sell it to me!

But I want two. :D

All kidding aside, he's very happy with it and I wouldn't expect to see it on the market any time soon.