• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

What a cute little boy! (thumbs u

looks like a cute little tiger fan to me.

You know it! Every morning the first thing he asks me is "Dad, is it Tiger Day?" and if I tell him no he asks "Then is it Saints Day?" and if I tell him no he says "Awwww!"

Western Kentucky will be his first game in Tiger Stadium, although the thought of him staying in one general location for three hours is comical.

11-09-15%2BJack%2BLSU%2BShirt.jpg

Here is one my Golden Age books featuring Plastic Man.

:applause: ...and that looks like a Crandall cover. (thumbs u

crandall's are a delight to own!

(worship)

A nice copy of #18 is high on my GA want list. Love that cover... :cloud9: ...and the interior art is equally nice.

I used to have a copy in NM condition (9.0+ before CGC) and sold it when I let go of my other GA books in the early 90's (Richard has seen some of those books); next to my Church copy of Silver Streak #7 that's the book I regretted parting company with most. :cry:

That first Stormy Foster cover is some of Crandall's BEST comic work. If you look at it long enough the height perspective will make you dizzy! :grin:

what does it do to you when you're dizzy to begin with?

You know it! Every morning the first thing he asks me is "Dad, is it Tiger Day?" and if I tell him no he asks "Then is it Saints Day?" and if I tell him no he says "Awwww!"

Western Kentucky will be his first game in Tiger Stadium, although the thought of him staying in one general location for three hours is comical.

oh, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

child services alerted lol

Here is one my Golden Age books featuring Plastic Man.

:applause: ...and that looks like a Crandall cover. (thumbs u

crandall's are a delight to own!

(worship)

A nice copy of #18 is high on my GA want list. Love that cover... :cloud9: ...and the interior art is equally nice.

I used to have a copy in NM condition (9.0+ before CGC) and sold it when I let go of my other GA books in the early 90's (Richard has seen some of those books); next to my Church copy of Silver Streak #7 that's the book I regretted parting company with most. :cry:

That first Stormy Foster cover is some of Crandall's BEST comic work. If you look at it long enough the height perspective will make you dizzy! :grin:

what does it do to you when you're dizzy to begin with?

hm Now THAT is a straw-man argument! :grin:

scarecrow_oz.gif

oh, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

child services alerted lol

:roflmao:

Football (an enigma within an enigma within an enigma)...

In the U.S. it's this...

Ladainian_Tomlinson-3.jpg

... in most of the world, it's this...

607070106171509.jpg

... and yet the NFL is really based on this...

Rugby.jpg

(shrug)

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Yep, but the colorist blew it with the yellow bridge deck. Musta watched Wizzard of Oz a few times too many.

Yep, but the colorist blew it with the yellow bridge deck. Musta watched Wizzard of Oz a few times too many.

hm So, basically you're sayin' that Hit #18 is an Oz ... :cloud9: ... book

(thumbs u OK, I'll go along with that! :baiting:

I've owned quite a few copies of these two books over the years, but didn't currently have a copy of either of them.

Fortunately our own loveable Gator hooked me up with these.

Thanks Gator!

outofthisworld-1.jpg

jojo.jpg

I've owned quite a few copies of these two books over the years, but didn't currently have a copy of either of them.

Fortunately our own loveable Gator hooked me up with these.

Thanks Gator!

outofthisworld-1.jpg

jojo.jpg

Nice! I saw the OotW in person a few weeks ago---gotta love Crom the Barbarian!. :applause:

i don't think i remembered to show off my ONLY c'link win from a couple weeks ago. i like this cover.

bluebeetle20.jpg

Cool cover! That's not one you see often. :applause:

thanks; not knowing that ro' was going to put me into the vancouver 21 at the time, i chose not to go after the pennyslvania 20 that sold in may h'tage auction. i think 'trooper grabbed it, and he'd be my second choice behind moi.

the 9.0 penn and this one woulda make a fine pair of bookends!

bb21.jpg