• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

here is my catman 1-33 and crash 4,5

catmanworldsfinest009.jpg

Seems like you finished this run very fast.

It really pays to be able to see so much great material as you have the pleasure of doing.

Quite a feat on such a difficult run... (worship)

I actually finished this run in about 3 months, back in 2009 I Think...just never really took a group shot...and given that I am likely selling most of the run (I am keeping 5 or so books I really like), figured better document now lol

I know this is not the "Ask Gator" thread, lol but how long would it take you now to finish the Catman run...if you started anew.

tough to say...I got "lucky" the first time, as most all issues seemed to be available in the market, and then I got even "luckier" with a long time collector selling me all the "hard issues" , then super lucky when a few boardies helped me put the final nails in the coffin...

that said, michelle nolan told me that if anyone can complete catman in less than 5 years, they have accomplished an incredible feat... I just kind of giggled

Thats pretty nice Rick. What are you gonna work on next ? Its the hunt as they say ....

I am working on a couple of little runs as we speak....keeping on the down low so prices stay cheap lol

Gorgeous! :applause:

after 6 long years of collecting, I did finally finish my World's Finest 40-80 run...

whew!

catmanworldsfinest004.jpg

I picked up a number of nice books at the Cincinnati Comic Expo yesterday. All from Dave Kapelka. He had a small number of beautiful GA books. There were a dozen more I could have picked up if I had brought more money!

AdventuresintotheUnknown30.jpg

BlackCAt13.jpg

ChamberofChills25.jpg

ForbiddenWorlds4.jpg

this is how happy i am to have this one.

t207141_awesome.gif

cm11.jpg

Funny. I actually thought about bidding on that book. Then I thought, nah, I bet Billy needs it. The best cover of the run, although #17 is a close 2nd.

Congrats! (thumbs u