• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

Cheetah. I understand your point about the SS by CGC, when I called them to ask the process they told me one of their people needed to be at the signing and that would be the only way this would qualify for their SS slabs.

Alan Young is not doing conventions or public appearances anymore so unless I was to foot the bill and get a CGC person flown out here I just don't see how it can be done. Alan Young will be taking a photo with the comic while signing them for me, other than that I m not sure anymore can be done. Its a tough call but I don't see how having him sign them would hurt the value, even if it doesn't increase it by a whole lot. Not sure what to do at this point.

So you think he should sign the inside on the first page or the cover underneath Mr. Ed's head maybe?

Thanks

Cheetah,

When I caled CGC about that they said one of their employees would have to be at the signing. That is nearly impossible because due to Alan Youngs age he is not doing public appearences or conventions anymore. So unless I was to fly someone from CGC out here to be there at my cost I just don't see how I could get it done to make it a SS through CGC. Not sure what to do.

Do you really think by him signing the cover it would decrease the value? Maybe I should just pass on the whole thing.

Cheetah,

When I caled CGC about that they said one of their employees would have to be at the signing. That is nearly impossible because due to Alan Youngs age he is not doing public appearences or conventions anymore. So unless I was to fly someone from CGC out here to be there at my cost I just don't see how I could get it done to make it a SS through CGC. Not sure what to do.

Do you really think by him signing the cover it would decrease the value? Maybe I should just pass on the whole thing.

It's your book(s), do what you want with them. You seem excited about getting the signature so go for it. Front cover, inside, whatever will make you happy!

DSCN8987.jpg

A cool Shomberg cover; one of his best!

I used to own that copy!

You are the fourth or fifth guy from the boards to have it. I would have kept it, really nice copy, but I traded it and some cash for my Hulk 1. Funny how stuff makes the rounds.

Cheetah,

It's your book(s), do what you want with them. You seem excited about getting the signature so go for it. Front cover, inside, whatever will make you happy!

I second that. I had some ECs signed a few years ago that could have been sig series but there was no point but whats the chances of you having the opportunity for those sigs again? These guys arent getting any younger, get the sig CGC or no. :)

So here is Alan Young who played Wilbur Post on Mister Ed at age 92 signing 3 of my 4 file copies today on March 6, 2012. Thet should grade out at 9.6 or higher.

AlanYoung.png

Wiiiillllbbuuuurrrr!!!!!!!

That's so cool - and he looks in very good health. :applause:

So here is Alan Young who played Wilbur Post on Mister Ed at age 92 signing 3 of my 4 file copies today on March 6, 2012. Thet should grade out at 9.6 or higher.

AlanYoung.png

That's a great picture, Tim. I'm glad you were able to make it happen. Did you get a chance to talk with him much?

I am really thrilled with this pickup. I have never before seen one for sale or had the opportunity to acquire.

1939 super hero book; single highest graded; first African-American superhero in comics, the Red Mask; Overstreet notes book as scarce; and Better/Standard/Nedor's very first true comic book.

RADD2C512012130_112841.jpg