• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

cheetah's beaucoup 9.8 cache made me hanker for one of my own.

Boy24-2.jpg

Very nice (thumbs u

And there is something very creepy about that cover.

Boy24-2.jpg

Very nice (thumbs u

Except for the monkey it looks pretty much like one of my dates. (shrug)

Well, yes, I couldn't ID it as any cover Cole did in the U.S. I am surprised at the sig if it is from a splash. I don't recall if Cole was as diligent at signing his story work as he was his covers? Was he?

If it's from a splash then it would be one of the interior stories of the same comic. No, you're right, L.B. Cole did not often sign his interior work. Does it say Bell anywhere on the comic (such as 1st interior page or back page)?

Thanks guys for all the input ~ I appreciate it. It does say Bell on the back cover. Are these books collectible or just basically common reprints? Bell is shown here on the b/c:

IMG_2789.jpg

And here's the 1st page interior:

IMG_2790.jpg

Thanks again for the help guys!

Boy24-2.jpg

Very nice (thumbs u

Except for the monkey it looks pretty much like one of my dates. (shrug)

You look pretty good in a straight-jacket! :baiting:

[

Thanks guys for all the input ~ I appreciate it. It does say Bell on the back cover. Are these books collectible or just basically common reprints?

They are definitely not very common. Many of them I've only seen once. As for whether they're collectible, that is pretty subjective, but there do only seem to be a handful of diehard collectors who go after them aggressively. It also seems to vary from issue to issue, depending on the cover art or the content (i.e. what it's a reprint of).

I will tell you one Bell comic that I really wish I had snagged when it turned up (and this is the ONLY time I've ever seen it) -- a Junior/Sunny reprint called Deena & Gwenny.

Edited by Doohickamabob

[

Thanks guys for all the input ~ I appreciate it. It does say Bell on the back cover. Are these books collectible or just basically common reprints?

They are definitely not very common. Many of them I've only seen once. As for whether they're collectible, that is pretty subjective, but there do only seem to be a handful of diehard collectors who go after them aggressively. It also seems to vary from issue to issue, depending on the cover art or the content (i.e. what it's a reprint of).

I will tell you one Bell comic that I really wish I had snagged when it turned up (and this is the ONLY time I've ever seen it) -- a Junior/Sunny reprint called Deena & Gwenny.

Thanks again for all of the information/insight. I bought this book, along with a few other GA books last night, and couldn't find any info about it so I purchased the lot hoping this book in particular was somewhat uncommon. Thanks again! (thumbs u

Edited by Moetown

This book is listed on the GCD but does not have a cover yet (in fact, it's improperly IDed as Adventures while the correct title is obviously Adventure). I'd love to upload your book's cover pic / scan but the GCD will kick it out b/c it has a time stamp. Anyway you can load a cleaner version and I'll take care of loading it up there.

This book is listed on the GCD but does not have a cover yet (in fact, it's improperly IDed as Adventures while the correct title is obviously Adventure). I'd love to upload your book's cover pic / scan but the GCD will kick it out b/c it has a time stamp. Anyway you can load a cleaner version and I'll take care of loading it up there.

I've changed the title over at the GCD and added this issue to the series (only issue 63 was listed). Both changes have to be approved but then you can upload the cover. I'm kind of a maniac for listing these reprints at the GCD so I love to see more included.

Cheers!

Peter

p.s. Here's a cover gallery of the issues from Bell Features that are "linked up" with the comic covers they reprint. http://www.comics.org/search/advanced/process/?target=cover&method=icontains&logic=False&keywords=&order1=series&order2=date&order3=&start_date=&end_date=&title=&feature=&job_number=&pages=&-script=&pencils=&inks=&colors=&letters=&story_editing=&genre=&characters=&synopsis=&reprint_notes=&story_reprinted=True&notes=&pub_name=bell+features&pub_notes=&brand=&brand_notes=&indicia_publisher=&is_surrogate=None&ind_pub_notes=&series=&series_notes=&tracking_notes=&issue_count=&issues=&volume=&issue_title=&variant_name=&issue_date=&indicia_frequency=&price=&issue_pages=&format=&issue_editing=&isbn=&barcode=&issue_notes=&issue_reprinted=None&is_indexed=None

And here's some I haven't been able to precisely identify: http://www.comics.org/search/advanced/process/?target=cover&method=icontains&logic=False&keywords=&order1=series&order2=date&order3=&start_date=&end_date=&title=&feature=&job_number=&pages=&-script=&pencils=&inks=&colors=&letters=&story_editing=&genre=&characters=&synopsis=&reprint_notes=%3F&story_reprinted=None&notes=&pub_name=bell+features&pub_notes=&brand=&brand_notes=&indicia_publisher=&is_surrogate=None&ind_pub_notes=&series=&series_notes=&tracking_notes=&issue_count=&issues=&volume=&issue_title=&variant_name=&issue_date=&indicia_frequency=&price=&issue_pages=&format=&issue_editing=&isbn=&barcode=&issue_notes=&issue_reprinted=None&is_indexed=None

My current favorite version of Peter Pan.

She lives, reduced size, in a peanut butter jar, until she is needed. Then she expands to full size.

How many 12 year old boys influenced their mother's choice of peanut butter?

Sheer marketing genius.

125203.jpg.a86edb4112b469cd3564bff4fd90d3ac.jpg

125204.jpg.e7be72efcd85b42f46cf59bb2cf57e56.jpg

125205.jpg.b7b6cecfb3216fd3df3e568ac2e5df27.jpg

125207.jpg.5434bca7a0d03938369fbdc905322696.jpg

125208.jpg.aeba9ea18cce8ec73449924db61b114c.jpg

For the love of God, would somebody please post a new comic to stave off the mind numbingly boring conversations about MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause:

125200.jpg

That's only the second copy of this book remember seeing. Do you have the Funnybone?