• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

My current favorite version of Peter Pan.

She lives, reduced size, in a peanut butter jar, until she is needed. Then she expands to full size.

How many 12 year old boys influenced their mother's choice of peanut butter?

Sheer marketing genius.

I'da bought it (thumbs u

Heres an old Giant...

great book. those St. John funny animal giants are fun to collect. There are at least 18 of them 100 pages or bigger.

The biggest and reddest

MightyMouseAnnualside.jpg

Thanks to Alanna! (worship)

Very glad to have added to my, slowly growing, Super Comics collection. These all came from the same source and each have a stamp from the distributor or newsstand. And they have nice OW pages to boot :)

8ecca381.jpg

Edited by ciorac

a6052a10.jpg

DickTracey :cloud9: ...... I read him in the newspaper every day when I was a kid. His rogues gallery was awesome.....The Brow :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I STILL kick myself for not snagging your Single Series 20 when you first joined up.

Thanks Jim :)

I'm slowly trying to accumulate all of the D Tracy apps in comic books. Probably won't complete it, but it is fun to try.

I still have a Single Series 20 in the collection BTW. It is a must have for a GA collector

Cool books, Bill!

I still have a Single Series 20 in the collection BTW. It is a must have for a GA collector

It sure is. One of the best GA covers, IMHO.

Thanks Todd :) See you Sunday

I'm pretty excited to have picked up this Ace Comics #12 from Mar '38. All the early Aces are scarce, but I particularly wanted this one because it's the 2nd issue with The Phantom in it, making it a pretty early super-hero book.

AceComics12A.jpg

AceComics12B.jpg

AceComics12C.jpg

AceComics12D.jpg

Prince Valiant and the Phantom are my two Sunday-only newspaper comics that I try to never miss. The weekday Phantom is also good, but is a totally independent story. Devil's appearance has sure changed over the years.