• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

it says: "extremely rare variant/should sell for multiples of guide, when somebody finally creates a guide."

can't believe i never noticed that.

lol

Just arrived today :)

5b9bffd5.jpg

well done, pons. man, you are getting some choice stuff lately.

you knew I'd love the Quality keys that you've been posting, but this is my favorite of your recent acquisitions (thumbs u

Thank you kind sir :grin:

:bump:

For the love of God, would somebody please post a new comic to stave off the mind numbingly boring conversations about MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrated:

Frack! Is that what we've become? A bunch of damned investors? It's the books tha matter, not the fracking money.

Except for our dealer friends of course :foryou:

To prove I'm not in it for the money, this is the kinda stuff I've been buying lately:

Large%2520Feature%2520v2no11%2520a.jpg

Large%2520Feature%2520v2no10%2520a.jpg

I see your Barnie Google and raise you a Blondie.

FeatureBook27.jpg

:bump:

For the love of God, would somebody please post a new comic to stave off the mind numbingly boring conversations about MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrated:

Frack! Is that what we've become? A bunch of damned investors? It's the books tha matter, not the fracking money.

Except for our dealer friends of course :foryou:

To prove I'm not in it for the money, this is the kinda stuff I've been buying lately:

Large%2520Feature%2520v2no11%2520a.jpg

Large%2520Feature%2520v2no10%2520a.jpg

I see your Barnie Google and raise you a Blondie.

FeatureBook27.jpg

:luhv:

Not high grade, but not easy to find...and I want to thank Mike (Flatrock) because he went way out of his way to get it for me...and his LCS dealer, too...who is also a boarder (AK Comics)..I'm more excited about finding this book, than some that have cost me many more $$:)

KK1.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Not high grade, but not easy to find...and I want to thank Mike (Flatrock) because he went way out of his way to get it for me...and his LCS dealer, too...who is also a boarder...I'm more excited about finding this book, than some that have cost me many more $$:)

KK1.jpg

Very nice Sharon!

Any help in identifying this one is appreciated:

LBCOLE.jpg

Likely to be a Bell Features canadian reprint. Can you give us an idea of the interiors? Sadly, no online exhaustive listing / resources of the Bell books and since it's Canadian, this wouldn't be covered in OSPG.

LBCOLE.jpg

Likely to be a Bell Features canadian reprint. Can you give us an idea of the interiors? Sadly, no online exhaustive listing / resources of the Bell books and since it's Canadian, this wouldn't be covered in OSPG.

Bell is a good guess since the cover art looks like it's from an interior splash page (especially since it does not fit the layout of the cover, with all the empty space around the title). I just noticed it's an L.B. Cole cover, which is cool.

Well, yes, I couldn't ID it as any cover Cole did in the U.S. I am surprised at the sig if it is from a splash. I don't recall if Cole was as diligent at signing his story work as he was his covers? Was he?

Well, yes, I couldn't ID it as any cover Cole did in the U.S. I am surprised at the sig if it is from a splash. I don't recall if Cole was as diligent at signing his story work as he was his covers? Was he?

If it's from a splash then it would be one of the interior stories of the same comic. No, you're right, L.B. Cole did not often sign his interior work. Does it say Bell anywhere on the comic (such as 1st interior page or back page)?

LBCOLE.jpg

Bell is a good guess since the cover art looks like it's from an interior splash page (especially since it does not fit the layout of the cover, with all the empty space around the title). I just noticed it's an L.B. Cole cover, which is cool.

The cover is from Criminals on the Run v4#3 from Novelty Press (Oct/Nov '48).

That's Young King Cole on the alphorn.

Criminals%2520on%2520the%2520Run%252012-02-25.JPG

Thanks Honky. I must have failed to click on that. I didn't believe that this cover would belong in that run ... but now I see that all bets are off for covers in that run.

Great ID work :thumbsup:

I was pretty sure I'd seen the cover as Cole did some "unusual" covers in the late 40s. I'm sure he appreciated the freedom once he started his own company.