• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

Very happy to get this Blue Beetle 1

BlueBeetle1CGCVG45.jpg

It's a really fun book, Todd - some great Yarko reprints in there too. :applause:

Thanks, Steve, I'll check it out. I don't crack my books out like Pons, but I do read them in the archives, or in this case where there is no archive, by getting a digital copy. I read the Blue Beetle stories already, and while I knew they were reprints of the first 5 Mystery Men Blue Beetle stories, I didn't know there was a new origin story created just for this book. The weird thing is, the story does not detail why or how exactly he became the Blue Beetle! (shrug)

I'll check out the Yarko stories next. :wishluck:

just noticed something----check todd's copy; nuttin' above the 10c. look at mine---"winter edition."

bluebeetle1.jpg

Also, what does your copy say under "Foe of the Underworld"? No text in that area on Todd's copy or the Larson

:bump:

For the love of God, would somebody please post a new comic to stave off the mind numbingly boring conversations about MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrated:

Frack! Is that what we've become? A bunch of damned investors? It's the books tha matter, not the fracking money.

Except for our dealer friends of course :foryou:

To prove I'm not in it for the money, this is the kinda stuff I've been buying lately:

Large%2520Feature%2520v2no11%2520a.jpg

Large%2520Feature%2520v2no10%2520a.jpg

Seeing Snuffy Smith and Barney Google (thumbs u , reminded me of another mid 40's favorite, Smokey Stover.

In this issue he only has two one page stories, and his "Foomobile" is not seen in action. hm

POP_COMIC_108.jpg

A bit more on the Foomobile, from Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Stover

The goofy situations in Holman's comic strip usually feature Smokey (short for "Smokestack") Stover, the "foolish foo (fire)fighter", often riding in his impossible, two-wheeled “Foomobile” (a single-axle fire engine which resembles a modern Segway with seats, or an independent sidecar)