• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

The quest for a #54 continues but in the meantime I was able to land this, "FUN" little book from a fellow boardie (thumbs u ...I believe possibly the 2nd Green Arrow Cover? I think Leading #1 is first but wasnt sure what was 2nd...feel free to school me on this it would be appreciated...Either way love the Arrow and love covers with moons on em!!!! :grin:

13801325495_7b9d80fec5_c.jpg

I like it (thumbs u

The quest for a #54 continues but in the meantime I was able to land this, "FUN" little book from a fellow boardie (thumbs u ...I believe possibly the 2nd Green Arrow Cover? I think Leading #1 is first but wasnt sure what was 2nd...feel free to school me on this it would be appreciated...Either way love the Arrow and love covers with moons on em!!!! :grin:

I like it (thumbs u

thank you good sir :)

I always liked this cover, feels early Tec, but w a super hero. Good catch Gino!

You are correct, More Fun 77 is Green Arrow's 2nd cover appearance. Leading Comics 1 was on the newsstands about Dec 17 1941, while More Fun 77 was more than a month later, about Jan 27 1942. A very cool book! Congrats!

I always liked this cover, feels early Tec, but w a super hero. Good catch Gino!

Cool book, I get the Tec reference, but I was thinking more like a Batman cover from the same era - hero rescuing sidekick from generic thug - pretty much the formula for about half the Detective covers 1940-41.

Remember..... just because Blazing Bob can't hit shows for awhile..... he DOES still have www.highgradecomics.com that is chock full of goodies both raw and slabbed.... so help a brother out and buy some books. For those who don't already know .....Bob won the recent Cheetah "grade the grader" study..... which basically means his raw book is almost always going to be a pleasant surprise..... and contrary to popular belief, he is NOT a silver and bronze only dealer..... he has LOADS of 40's and 50's books. I just put my money where my mouth is and purchased the following 2 books. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

MYSTIC 23 (fine)

MYSTIC23fineplus.jpg

MYSTIC 25 (fine plus)

MYSTIC25.jpg

MYSTIC 23 (fine)

MYSTIC23fineplus.jpg

MYSTIC 25 (fine plus)

MYSTIC25.jpg

That Bob can sure grade. Pretty books Jim (thumbs u

MYSTIC 23 (fine)

MYSTIC23fineplus.jpg

MYSTIC 25 (fine plus)

MYSTIC25.jpg

That Bob can sure grade. Pretty books Jim (thumbs u

..... you can too brother..... I think you and Bob must've snatched the pebble out of the same guy's hand ....... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Got this little funnybook back from The CGC today...

nickel3.jpg

...now I have a couple of nickels to rub together :grin:

I used to have a 5.5 OW/W copy of this book, but made a big deal with Verzyl at Chicago Comic Con last year, and it was included in that deal.

I was super happy to get this one in the mail today from my buddy Richie Muchin.

5.0 WHITE :) And I mean snow white pages

With a lovely date stamp and SN on the cover

comiccavalcade1_zps199728c5.jpg