• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,393 posts in this topic

A Catman just getting started in his career. He leaps from a window to speed down to the ground and save the pretty girl. I love this cover because the action is just built in to the comic. I think everyone who sees it can visualize the fight which will transpire only seconds later.

cCatman2.jpg

This is the opposite end of Catman's career. A much more aged and wise Catman with his wounded side kick surrounded by wolves on a snowy night with determination in his eyes but its indeed a grave moment for our hero. Perhaps the lowest point in his career?

cCatman31.png

Edited by whetteon

A Catman just getting started in his career. He leaps from a window to speed down to the ground and save the pretty girl. I love this cover because the action is just built in to the comic. I think everyone who sees it can visualize the fight which will transpire only seconds later.

cCatman2.jpg

This is the opposite end of Catman's career. A much more aged and wise Catman with his wounded side kick surrounded by wolves on a snowy night with determination in his eyes but its indeed a grave moment for our hero. Perhaps the lowest point in his career?

cCatman31.png

(thumbs u

Got this back recently. Nelson managed to remove the color touch without affecting the grade. Now my run of Cap Midnights is truly done.

Before:

CaptainMarvel47804x1280_zpsfc0b707f.jpg

After:

CaptainMidnight47804x1280_zps8db7f8ff.jpg

excellent result!

be sure to disclose that tho it has no c.t. at all, once upon a time it did. i do that now even with my coverless copies; i tell people to assume that the cover that no longer cohabitates with the book MIGHT have had c.t., and to adjust their offers accordingly.

i'm hoping to have similar success on this one; turns out my raw ebay purchase had 3 dots on it, and matt's just removed them and off to grade it goes. i figured it at 9.2 before; might lose a little if white now shows. that little spot at bottom right is art, not a defect.

planet70.jpg

i'm hoping to have similar success on this one; turns out my raw ebay purchase had 3 dots on it, and matt's just removed them and off to grade it goes. i figured it at 9.2 before; might lose a little if white now shows. that little spot at bottom right is art, not a defect.

planet70.jpg

Black covers are hard to find this nice.

This copy looks like a real winner. (thumbs u

Pretty Planet there, BP.

Passed on a couple of early Four Colors from Harley this past weekend to pick these up. Real stoked about finally owning some of these classic covers.

FamousFunnies210fc45_zps9e78220d.jpg

FamousFunnies212fc45_zpsf6cf3088.jpg

FamousFunnies213fc45_zpsd9b4ddae.jpg