• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

Great books everyone! :)

@Twistty: I don’t know if you are aware of that, but "Saturn against the Earth" (pubslihed here, in the four "Future Comics" issue, there is just a minimal part of the story) is one of the most important italian comics stories of the 1930s.

Written by seminal writer Federico Pedrocchi (who founded the italian Disney authors' school) it was originally serialized between 1936 and 1946 on various Mondadori journals, in seven separate episodes.

If someone likes to see them, I have some of the serialized episodes from the 1930s, and a mid-1940s comic-book sized reprint with great custom covers. (thumbs u

Not the prettiest condition, but I was happy to win this fun book tonight.

null_zps0887ede7.jpg

Very happy to add this book to my collection. Back in the early 90s when Matt and I were working together at the comic shop, he embarked on the "Unseen Gold" quest to identify and acquire/scan all of the Gerber white space books.

This was the one that really started the quest for Matt and has a special place in our collective comic hearts.

:)

flash56_zps796a919c.jpg

Very happy to add this book to my collection. Back in the early 90s when Matt and I were working together at the comic shop, he embarked on the "Unseen Gold" quest to identify and acquire/scan all of the Gerber white space books.

This was the one that really started the quest for Matt and has a special place in our collective comic hearts.

flash56_zps796a919c.jpg

way to go, buddy-boy!

flash56_zps796a919c.jpg

Super cool Bill. I've always wanted a copy because of Matt's work in the CBM myself, glad that you were able to pick up a nice copy.

Edited by podboy66