• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

I used to have a 5.5 OW/W copy of this book, but made a big deal with Verzyl at Chicago Comic Con last year, and it was included in that deal.

I was super happy to get this one in the mail today from my buddy Richie Muchin.

5.0 WHITE :) And I mean snow white pages

With a lovely date stamp and SN on the cover

comiccavalcade1_zps199728c5.jpg

Great pickup, Bill! Imagine going in and buying this on a Christmas Eve long ago.

Got this little funnybook back from The CGC today...

nickel3.jpg

...now I have a couple of nickels to rub together :grin:

Interesting that two smallish towns like Allentown and Bethlehem -- which are actually contiguous -- should both have collections of this quality.

The quest for a #54 continues but in the meantime I was able to land this, "FUN" little book from a fellow boardie (thumbs u ...I believe possibly the 2nd Green Arrow Cover? I think Leading #1 is first but wasnt sure what was 2nd...feel free to school me on this it would be appreciated...Either way love the Arrow and love covers with moons on em'

You are correct, More Fun 77 is Green Arrow's 2nd cover appearance. Leading Comics 1 was on the newsstands about Dec 17 1941, while More Fun 77 was more than a month later, about Jan 27 1942. A very cool book! Congrats!

thanks for the info my friend appreciated!! and thanks Foxtrot and rjpb!! (thumbs u

I used to have a 5.5 OW/W copy of this book, but made a big deal with Verzyl at Chicago Comic Con last year, and it was included in that deal.

I was super happy to get this one in the mail today from my buddy Richie Muchin.

Great pickup, Bill! Imagine going in and buying this on a Christmas Eve long ago.

+1 cool book would be very neat reading Christmas morn'!!

Talk about newsstand fresh... that book is ridiculous. Wow. :headbang:

Got this little funnybook back from The CGC today...

nickel3.jpg

.Z..now I have a couple of nickels to rub together :grin:

as always GREAT book MrBedrock quite stunning really!! it is kind if awesome that most if your GA books look nicer than my modern readers lol

Thanks Walter, it would be have been a nice Christmas Eve treat to be sure :)

Thanks Walter, it would be have been a nice Christmas Eve treat to be sure :)

TERRIFIC BOOK!

mm

Cool book, Bill. SN = Cookesville?

Love that book! Congrats, Bill!

Love that book! Congrats, Bill!

Very nice, Bill! :applause:

i love only one classics cover, and it was going cheap sunday nite; first time i've owned one since i was a kid [yes, g.a.tor, a hundred years ago].

cc8.jpg

.... a favorite of mine too. I must admit to also being a huge fan of the original "Last of the Mohicans" cover..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

i love only one classics cover, and it was going cheap sunday nite; first time i've owned one since i was a kid [yes, g.a.tor, a hundred years ago].

cc8.jpg

Love it (thumbs u

cc8.jpg

Love it (thumbs u

+1. Great interior art too.