• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Amadeus Arkham,

Take it from a guy that knows Disney and Dell comics. I am not sure what squishing consists of, but pressing the book will do little to help condition based on photos. It will be at best a 4.5 likely a 3.5. Take the money you would waste on pressing this book and buy one like the one listed below. It will give you an idea of how even a better quality WDCS of the same volume price low in comparison to price guide values.

When it comes to old Disney and Dell stuff, if the comics aren't extreme NM the value is not there for anything less. There is huge demand for Dell/Disney, but only at the high grade. Anything less than that has no demand, hence no value. That set aside there is demands for any grade WDCS of volume #1 and maybe Volume #2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALT-DISNEYS-COMICS-AND-STORIES-60-VOLUME-5-12-SEPT-1945-DONALD-DUCK-/171372381994?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27e697072a

So I'd be better off selling raw? Is there demand for these books in a graded and slabbed state or are they more desirable raw?

Recent pickup

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/sparkler_zps3c7a0d9e.jpg' alt='sparkler_zps3c7a0d9e.jpg'>

Really cool, Jack!

Amadeus Arkham,

Take it from a guy that knows Disney and Dell comics. I am not sure what squishing consists of, but pressing the book will do little to help condition based on photos. It will be at best a 4.5 likely a 3.5. Take the money you would waste on pressing this book and buy one like the one listed below. It will give you an idea of how even a better quality WDCS of the same volume price low in comparison to price guide values.

When it comes to old Disney and Dell stuff, if the comics aren't extreme NM the value is not there for anything less. There is huge demand for Dell/Disney, but only at the high grade. Anything less than that has no demand, hence no value. That set aside there is demands for any grade WDCS of volume #1 and maybe Volume #2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALT-DISNEYS-COMICS-AND-STORIES-60-VOLUME-5-12-SEPT-1945-DONALD-DUCK-/171372381994?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27e697072a

So I'd be better off selling raw? Is there demand for these books in a graded and slabbed state or are they more desirable raw?

I think the idea is that if you aim to sell them, you are unlikely to be able to recover your grading fees. That is, the price for a graded copy is lower than the sum of the price of a raw copy plus the grading fees.

The arrival of eBay torpedoed the value of mid-grade Classics Comics/Illustrated and most Dells. There were just far too many copies of these books out there. Getting anything near guide on them is tough.

Recent pickup

<a  href=http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u476/comicjack/sparkler_zps3c7a0d9e.jpg' alt='sparkler_zps3c7a0d9e.jpg'>

Really cool, Jack!

Thanks guys!!!!

why do only very few people collect GA Batman?

They are rarely seen here imo

8477817510_8b2cf1055e_z.jpg

8476727511_7d4bcd79f7_z.jpg

I think some people see them as too common but many collectors on the boards are Timely collectors. I like 'em but my early issues are mostly incomplete.

5995766427_4e04856f3c_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

I think some people see them as too common but many collectors on the boards are Timely collectors. I like 'em but my early issues are mostly incomplete.

:applause:

I say this with nothing but love... I hate you :o

:jokealert: That is an awesome collection, congrats :applause: , I hope to have all those some day for my collection too.