• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

So, I don't collect Westerns and I don't collect horror, but apparently I collect Western horror:

bobbybenson14.jpg

I'd never noticed this cover before. NOW it's on my want list (thumbs u

Brother, I know the feeling. Wantlistitis (def. The malady of want lists growing much faster than budgets.) :cry:

Ever since the Cosmic Aeroplane copy passed through my hands years back, I have been after one of these. Finally got one!

001_zpszxrdeefd.jpg

Very sweet book! I like the Flessel covers on those early DC's.

if you don't have a little western horror in your collection, you aren't trying.

th22.jpg

Well, I always thought you were trying.

I've been trying not to be trying, and it's tiring.

Ever since the Cosmic Aeroplane copy passed through my hands years back, I have been after one of these. Finally got one!

001_zpszxrdeefd.jpg

Beautiful!

So, I don't collect Westerns and I don't collect horror, but apparently I collect Western horror:

bobbybenson14.jpg

Brother, I know the feeling. Wantlistitis (def. The malady of want lists growing much faster than budgets.) :cry:

The boards have shown me SO many books that I hadn't seen before :ohnoez: I'll likely never find all of the books that I'd like to have, but that's what makes collecting fun: The thrill of the search!!! I'm pretty sure if I could buy every single book I wanted, every time I saw it for sale, I'd become pretty bored after a while zzz

bobbybenson14.jpg

The boards have shown me SO many books that I hadn't seen before :ohnoez: I'll likely never find all of the books that I'd like to have, but that's what makes collecting fun: The thrill of the search!!! I'm pretty sure if I could buy every single book I wanted, every time I saw it for sale, I'd become pretty bored after a while zzz

Now you understand the life of The Gator

bobbybenson14.jpg

Now you understand the life of The Gator

You could add a few others to that list Billbo :baiting:

Got this back from CGC a few months ago & just now got a photo of it!!! Sorry for the weird cropping ....

Thrilling%2055%20_zpsaiujiu0z.jpg

I think I have a low grade copy of that one if you want a reader to go with your stunner

Speaking of seeing so many cool books since joining these boards another cool place I often find books to cure my, "wantlistitis" :D is the Gerber journals...Picked this up for a song off of the Bay. Love the Silver Streak run and found this intriguing as the back cover to issue #5 is switched from the actual guide itself so they must have straightened it out prior to printing. Anyone else have any of these? I am sure they aren't rare seeing they made 30 of each but still neat IMO...

19840416121_f7f724718f_b.jpg

19835547965_bbbeab605b_b.jpg

19835547725_e70497b239_b.jpg

Speaking of seeing so many cool books since joining these boards another cool place I often find books to cure my, "wantlistitis" :D is the Gerber journals...Picked this up for a song off of the Bay. Love the Silver Streak run and found this intriguing as the back cover to issue #5 is switched from the actual guide itself so they must have straightened it out prior to printing. Anyone else have any of these? I am sure they aren't rare seeing they made 30 of each but still neat IMO...

Really neat.

Got this back from CGC a few months ago & just now got a photo of it!!! Sorry for the weird cropping ....

Thrilling%2055%20_zpsaiujiu0z.jpg

Love the Benson and the T. Holt books!! Neat stuff!! This aint too shabby either Frisco!!

Thanks Gino :) I'll tell ya, it was a shame to slab it. It's SUCH a tight, glossy book!!! I think the right bottom front cover corner which has a slight round to it, is what kept the grade out of the 9's. I DID enjoy it raw for 4 or 5 years, but might sell it, so I think it'd sell better slabbed.

VERY cool Gino!!! I like these :)