• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Just got home from SDCC, and we had a blast! Always great to spend a few days geeking out with old friends, and getting to know other geeks better as well.

I sold the eight books I brought with me, so to feel better about myself I did manage to pick up three comics for my collection from Bunky Brian. Thanks again Brian!

more%20fun%2021_zps1u1b45xi.jpg

I love the stack Billbo (thumbs u

Just got home from SDCC, and we had a blast! Always great to spend a few days geeking out with old friends, and getting to know other geeks better as well.

I sold the eight books I brought with me, so to feel better about myself I did manage to pick up three comics for my collection from Bunky Brian. Thanks again Brian!

thanks Jimbo, and gang!

I'm happy with my little purchases, and am having fun. And isn't that what it is all about?

So, I don't collect Westerns and I don't collect horror, but apparently I collect Western horror:

bobbybenson14.jpg

If the damsel's thoughts were visible, she might say, "If only I knew if I were in a horror comic or a western! I'm so confused!"

It's a sub-genre I love also.

GhostRiderComics8CGC80_zps173b285d.jpg

If memory serves, there are some classic short horror stories in Tim Holt as well.

So, I don't collect Westerns and I don't collect horror, but apparently I collect Western horror:

bobbybenson14.jpg

Bondage, decapitated heads, and the splash for the lead story shows 3 headless bodies and more disembodied heads dripping blood ; what's not to like?

2.jpg

bobbybenson14.jpg

Looks like you are now collecting bondage covers as well. Great underrated issue. There are a lot of Western/Horror and Crime/Horror hybrid books. I like 'em all!

thanks Jimbo, and gang!

I'm happy with my little purchases, and am having fun. And isn't that what it is all about?

Fun IS what it's all about Billbo & you just acquired a few books that are MORE FUN :baiting:

an old friend of mine got me hooked on these 1940s Dells years ago, so I pick them up when I can for the Annie and Tracy strips :)

ZDUijS.jpg

C5JQzo.jpg

bZy61N.jpg

KeSzCm.jpg

an old friend of mine got me hooked on these 1940s Dells years ago, so I pick them up when I can for the Annie and Tracy strips :)

ZDUijS.jpg

C5JQzo.jpg

bZy61N.jpg

KeSzCm.jpg

I'm a big fan of them myself and have nearly a complete run of Super Comics