• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2017 at 5:41 PM, Point Five said:

Just came across this scan... haven't posted this book in a long time.

Nick Cage copy!  :banana:

2mgsbj7.jpg

On 3/28/2017 at 11:26 PM, comicjack said:

Pretty with skulls (thumbsu

we love them skulls!!! GREAT book man have always enjoyed this one!! 

On 3/25/2017 at 9:07 PM, Readcomix said:

:news:

Over the last two years, I have been acquiring GA from a local vintage record dealer who was handed a small OA collection of Golden Age books when he bought the guy's massive record collection. Today, I got him to part with the final seven pieces. (The two Tip Tops were purchased from a neighboring dealer; low grade but both Peanuts issues.)

image.jpeg

Fun batch of books :)

a low-grade 'frisco, right down to a reilly stamp on the b.c.!  really not too bad a copy, but some odd splitting and fonkiness around the staple account for severe downgrade,

police18.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:
1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Love that book Tony. 

I have never seen it before.  

Me neither! Heritage says it's not in Overstreet, and if it's in Gerber I cannot find it.

I couldn't find it listed anywhere either.  Won it last night on CLink. 

Thanks to a cash/trade deal with Rick, I finally have copy of a book that I have been after. It may not be on everyone's list, but the combination of the clearly child-targeted title with the stunning GGA cover that obviously vamps Betty & Veronica, plus a couple racist caricatures thrown in...that says Golden Age to me :cloud9:

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Thanks to a cash/trade deal with Rick, I finally have copy of a book that I have been after. It may not be on everyone's list, but the combination of the clearly child-targeted title with the stunning GGA cover that obviously vamps Betty & Veronica, plus a couple racist caricatures thrown in...that says Golden Age to me :cloud9:

image.jpeg

Congrats that is awesome!!!!

18 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Not exactly sure what this is, but it seemed too cool to pass up.

RAD5C5C0201739_10252.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! War of the World was one of the first books I ever remember REALLY reading!! Outstanding pickup T!!!