• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2017 at 2:26 PM, Sqeggs said:

Not exactly sure what this is, but it seemed too cool to pass up.

RAD5C5C0201739_10252.jpg

14 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

WOW!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! War of the World was one of the first books I ever remember REALLY reading!! Outstanding pickup T!!! 

Ha. I still have 75 pages left in the book, and that was about 4 years ago! Maybe if my copy looked like this, I would've finished it by now.

Great book, Sqeggs!

17 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Ha. I still have 75 pages left in the book, and that was about 4 years ago! Maybe if my copy looked like this, I would've finished it by now.

Great book, Sqeggs!

You mean you still don't know who wins? :whatthe:

Picked this up about a month ago on the boards and had it pressed. I think it looks pretty good. :x

I just started having a few books pressed recently. I know it is a touchy subject, but if you can have your books a little flatter and brighter without restoring them I am not sure what the issue is. Just my 2c

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

1 minute ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Picked this up about a month ago on the boards and had it pressed. I think it looks pretty good. :x

I just started having a few books pressed recently. I know it is a touchy subject, but if you can have your books a little flatter and brighter without restoring them I am not sure what the issue is. Just my 2c

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

That book's one of the all-timers.  And pressing is a-ok with me. 

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

Nice book Rick!

I understand how pressing = flatter, but how does it also = brighter?

19 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Nice book Rick!

I understand how pressing = flatter, but how does it also = brighter?

I've just noticed when the books come back from pressing, I guess because they are so flat, the light seems to bounce off the cover a little more.  I'm sure there would be some other opinions here and I am completely new to it, so it is just an observation.   (shrug)

49 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I've just noticed when the books come back from pressing, I guess because they are so flat, the light seems to bounce off the cover a little more.  I'm sure there would be some other opinions here and I am completely new to it, so it is just an observation.   (shrug)

Interesting. My experience with pressing is laying a dictionary on top of the comic. Full disclosure: it doesn't work very well!

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

I'd give it two snaps and a twist (thumbsu

22 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Interesting. My experience with pressing is laying a dictionary on top of the comic. Full disclosure: it doesn't work very well!

:gossip:Use an encyclopedia instead. Oh wait, those no longer exist! :cry:

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Mail call today.   I'm sure I'll post some of these in some of the other threads. 

I got to feel like a bedrock or a comcav on one of their typical Thursdays.  :cloud9:

IMG_3467.jpg

Jeeze Rick, you are just a buying machine! I can't remember the mail man ever bringing me so many awsome books in one day. That Catman #32 is the one though. One of my most favorite LB Cole covers. I've got a beater for now and hope to get lucky and upgrade one of these days.

The Strange Terrors is not in my wheelhouse and was actually a bidnapper error. 

The Catman is sticking around. I really enjoy that series and it's a pretty book, although with some very small unneeded color touch, which kept it affordable. 

The Wonderworld is a pretty amazing thing and I would hope to hang onto it for a nice while :wishluck:

The rest are a lot of fun too.  I really like those painted Ace romance covers a lot, Especially the 3 that all look like the same girl. Here is another of those I got in a trade with a boardie this week. 

I swear that I swore I was NOT going to get into romance books  :whistle:

IMG_3484.JPG

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

31 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

The Strange Terrors is not in my wheelhouse and was actually a bidnapper error. 

The Catman is sticking around. I really enjoy that series and it's a pretty book, although with some very small unneeded color touch, which kept it affordable. 

The Wonderworld is a pretty amazing thing and I would hope to hang onto it for a nice while :wishluck:

The rest are a lot of fun too.  I really like those painted Ace romance covers a lot, Especially the 3 that all look like the same girl. Here is another of those I got in a trade with a boardie this week. 

I swear that I swore I was NOT going to get into romance books  :whistle:

IMG_3484.JPG

Rick, please do share the delicate, sordid, and prurient details about her dangerous encounter.  :gossip: