• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2017 at 7:17 PM, path4play said:

Two new scores that had been sitting on the 'ole want list.

31320171-732x1024.jpg

3132017-707x1024.jpg

Those look fantastic! Congrats! I was so tempted on the Mystery Comics 3 -- LOVE the cover -- but too far out of my wheelhouse, as they say.

22 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

This is more of a justification then a recent purchase.  Well it is at least a purchase that I made in the last 10 years, I think.

33405679496_a04a327327_b.jpg

Spy Smasher 7 has a pretty cool cover.  Stan and Oliver think so too.

33318056051_5b3eeeb9be_b.jpg

It's posts like these that make me keep comin' back to the Boards! What a great juxtaposition of photos!! 

I guess this Stan and Ollie photo was a promo piece to complement the Spy Smasher movie serial that came out around that time...

21 hours ago, batman_fan said:

The FedEx man just paid me a visit and I got my Hit 17.  My small collection of Lou Fine books

D01BA944-4A33-45B8-9BE3-EE5D51CE7E26.jpg

Great stuff! Just awesome!  I love Fine's ghouls, featured on 3 of your covers. Maybe 4 covers, if you include that dude on Hit #9 who forgot to rinse the shaving lather off his face.

On 3/15/2017 at 1:42 AM, jimjum12 said:

There are dozens of books that caught my eye when I got my first Gerber PhotoJournal set almost 25 years ago..... some of them I've managed to find and snag and some I just figured I'd just have to admire someone else's image. This was one of them, and I was incredibly stoked when it popped up for sale a little while back. I had to sell a few books to swing it, seeing as tax time was coming up and all. Everett's always been a favorite and while simple, this cover always grabbed me. Now I just need to be in the right place at the right time for a Miracle Comics #1 in a nice 6.0ish condition..... GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

i821qWO.jpg

Dang!  The colors on that one are really something. 

On 3/14/2017 at 10:42 PM, jimjum12 said:

There are dozens of books that caught my eye when I got my first Gerber PhotoJournal set almost 25 years ago..... some of them I've managed to find and snag and some I just figured I'd just have to admire someone else's image. This was one of them, and I was incredibly stoked when it popped up for sale a little while back. I had to sell a few books to swing it, seeing as tax time was coming up and all. Everett's always been a favorite and while simple, this cover always grabbed me. Now I just need to be in the right place at the right time for a Miracle Comics #1 in a nice 6.0ish condition..... GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

i821qWO.jpg

It looks like those Nazis are surrendering, but the Conqueror is gonna gun them down anyway!  Is it a war crime to kill surrendering Nazis though?

14 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

+1; Detroit Trolley copy?

It was, but I just erased the "L".

Just now, sacentaur said:
2 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

It was, but I just erased the "L".

Mark Wilson-itis... it's contagious! :whatthe:

Ooops...wrong "L"...it's now called Captain Batte!

6 minutes ago, Manray said:

Just picked these up from a local auction. Low grade but they still look good to me and boy do they smell great!

IMG_0337.JPG:banana::banana::banana:

Great pickup and some pretty good reads 

Picking the brains of the knowledgeable people here. Not my book, but a friend's father has this Superboy Annual UK edition and I'm told it has a hard cardstock cover. He hasn't gotten back to me regarding any indicia info yet but figured to see if anyone is familiar with this particular book plus I thought you might like to see a pic anyway. Thanks in advance for any info!

IMG_4366.JPG

On 3/14/2017 at 10:09 AM, Knightsofold said:

Finally got a complete issue.  Of all my GA collecting, this has been the toughest book to find.

33380268595_f983d39ed3_b.jpg

Congrats! One of my favorite comics of the entire golden age