• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

20171110_235816.jpg.682b18225d09e42b6b35edab28367132.jpg

Excellent !!  I can't see a Modern comic without thinking back to the time when Oakman got a suspension / time out for a week from the Mods

35 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

You know something, sir

How do you like my Modern Comics number 65? It didn't get as many likes as I assumed it would

I like your book alot, but will my like make you feel emotionally better? If so I will set that like for you. (shrug)

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I like your book alot, but will my like make you feel emotionally better? If so I will set that like for you. (shrug)

Don't be stingy,hand out some likes Oak! 

18 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
19 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Don't be stingy,hand out some likes Oak! 

Yea !!  It's a game.  You don't wanna end your day with any unused likes now do you ?

2 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Looks sorta like 85 Ore as in Oregon  hm

Could be.  I was thinking it was a distributor's stamp, although in that case there should be more of them around (which maybe there are, although I can't recall seeing any).  Or it could just be a stray stamp made by a kid using a stamp meant for other purposes. 

21 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Anyone seen the stamp on this one before?

lf_zpsgr0aaypo.JPG

This comic was probably sold in Sweden or other Scandanavian countries. 100 ore equals one Swedish krona so 85 ore is about 10 cents United States. There were some warehouse finds of 50-60s leftover American comics for distribution to American military bases with the "ore" stamp.