• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2017 at 11:18 PM, Zolnerowich said:
On 10/28/2017 at 10:59 AM, sagii said:

This one has the distinguished honor of being my oldest comic book ( by a year). Another one of my formerly Jon Berk copy wins. Magazine sized comic.

image.jpeg

Very cool book! And a Berk book!

Maybe we should start calling them "cork" books. hm

On 10/28/2017 at 10:59 AM, sagii said:

This one has the distinguished honor of being my oldest comic book ( by a year). Another one of my formerly Jon Berk copy wins. Magazine sized comic.

image.jpeg

Great piece of comics history!

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Great piece of comics history!

Thanks @Sqeggs @Zolnerowich When I was making my 'Cork book ' list lol it was important to try and include areas of the hobby that were special to him ( second tier publishers, platinum ( pre superman), Larson, etc). I guess this one was not in wire racks but down with news papers where all of these characters were featured anyway hm

29 minutes ago, sagii said:

Thanks @Sqeggs @Zolnerowich When I was making my 'Cork book ' list lol it was important to try and include areas of the hobby that were special to him ( second tier publishers, platinum ( pre superman), Larson, etc). I guess this one was not in wire racks but down with news papers where all of these characters were featured anyway hm

Good point.  I hadn't thought about how these would have been displayed on the newsstands.  Maybe with the newspapers or maybe with the magazines?

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

little ohio copy found in the wild today.

kideternity5.jpg

That ones a KEEPER . 

How do you know that it's Ohio ?  Is it because of the pencil markings ?