• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

Interesting book. I got it off eBay so I knew it Had the potential of being dicey. Seller stated that it was incomplete but didn’t care to count pages so I think that might have scared off some others. Also no pics of interior. I get it and it looks as expected in the bag. Open it up and something is not right. Interior is Adventure 48 ( first appearance of Hour Man) . It is missing two centerfolds and has the wrong, but more desirable, interior. I don’t know if I came out ahead or behind or right in the middle ???. I will take it for sure. Also just to be clear the seller was very nice.

E8E35B19-32CF-451E-A0D8-10174E164F50.jpeg

CFD1EE38-2EC2-4840-95A1-F86B39AF1929.jpeg

Edited by ender
corrected number

3 hours ago, ender said:

Interesting book. I got it off eBay so I knew it Had the potential of being dicey. Seller stated that it was incomplete but didn’t care to count pages so I think that might have scared off some others. Also no pics of interior. I get it and it looks as expected in the bag. Open it up and something is not right. Interior is Adventure 48 ( first appearance of Hour Man) . It is missing two centerfolds and has the wrong, but more desirable, interior. I don’t know if I came out ahead or behind or right in the middle ???. I will take it for sure. Also just to be clear the seller was very nice.

E8E35B19-32CF-451E-A0D8-10174E164F50.jpeg

CFD1EE38-2EC2-4840-95A1-F86B39AF1929.jpeg

Kind of depends on what you paid, but both the cover and the interior are neat, in any event.

Many years ago on eBay I bought a reader copy of a Barks Duck book.  When it arrived, the cover was detached and it had the interior of a different (non-Barks) Duck book.  When I told the seller that I wanted to send it back, he said something like, "If what was inside mattered so much, why didn't you ask me about it!" :)

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of depends on what you paid, but both the cover and the interior are neat, in any event.

Many years ago on eBay I bought a reader copy of a Barks Duck book.  When it arrived, the cover was detached and it had the interior of a different (non-Barks) Duck book.  When I told the seller that I wanted to send it back, he said something like, "If what was inside mattered so much, why didn't you ask me about it!" :)

yea I have tried to approach it of if I would have paid that dollar amount for a coverless 48 and a cover for 49.  I would have.  Now I just have to eventually figure out how to get them apart if more appropriate parts come around.

On 3/1/2018 at 8:34 PM, Zolnerowich said:

That’s a really sweet pick up! I’m guessing there’s not much Feldstein OA out there...

Do you have the comic book to match?

interesting pages..I've had these for a little while now... I believe the one on the right is a later page from the same story as your's. Saddle Romance.IMG_1083.thumb.jpg.4f1384b79b746d67a22d50164ce0cbf8.jpg