• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Well I stated in my goals for 2018 thread I wanted to finally pick up a pedigree book. There is something alluring about them and I have continued my research a bit as I wanted more knowledge before diving into them (although I can basically find out everything I need know by following @Straw-Man posts!!) I am not a rich man. I do pretty well for my age imo so I can’t just go buying up any books I see and want there is a method to my madness. I am at heart a lower grade collector and I honestly think I will always be but the stories and the history of the pedigrees excites me as well. So here we go I am sticking my toes in the water with this one thanks to a fellow Boardie...my FIRST pedigree a Davis Crippen D copy with the “D” front and center. Everyone that knows me by now knows I love my Red,White, and Blue heroes so that was a must as well. Here we go!! Star Spangled Comics #5 from 2/42!! 

39119585220_0971ef01b6_b.jpg

Family man first and your doing everything just fine after that Gino.Congrats on your Ped :applause:

36 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Well I stated in my goals for 2018 thread I wanted to finally pick up a pedigree book. There is something alluring about them and I have continued my research a bit as I wanted more knowledge before diving into them (although I can basically find out everything I need know by following @Straw-Man posts!!) I am not a rich man. I do pretty well for my age imo so I can’t just go buying up any books I see and want there is a method to my madness. I am at heart a lower grade collector and I honestly think I will always be but the stories and the history of the pedigrees excites me as well. So here we go I am sticking my toes in the water with this one thanks to a fellow Boardie...my FIRST pedigree a Davis Crippen D copy with the “D” front and center. Everyone that knows me by now knows I love my Red,White, and Blue heroes so that was a must as well. Here we go!! Star Spangled Comics #5 from 2/42!! 

Awesome "D" book, Gino. Congrats on the ped. And you can't go wrong with an enemy who calls himself Dr. Weerd!

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Fantastic start to your pedigree journey...careful, it's a slippery slope!

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Congratulations Gino! Very cool book, and cool Pedigree! :headbang:

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

Family man first and your doing everything just fine after that Gino.Congrats on your Ped :applause:

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Awesome "D" book, Gino. Congrats on the ped. And you can't go wrong with an enemy who calls himself Dr. Weerd!

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Fantastic start to your pedigree journey...careful, it's a slippery slope!

56 minutes ago, sagii said:

Congratulations Gino! Very cool book, and cool Pedigree! :headbang:

Thanks Everyone!!!!!

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Welcome to the pedigree club Gino. They are habit forming. Just wait until you go to Church...:devil:

14 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
15 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Looks like his eyebrows may have been lethal weapons. hm

15 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Wonderful pickup!  Ped copies are a great part of the hobby.  I love knowing the provenance of a book.  The Crippen collection is also one of the more intriguing stories, what with the thefts and all.  I wish CGC were a bit more liberal in designating collections as peds so that the hobby would be able to keep track of the backstory to more books.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:56 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

A really nice copy, and try to find a reprint. There are fun stories in that issue.

Just now, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Enough serious stuff...LOOK at THESE!  :smile:

40937569952_f59fc8a843_c.jpg

Zero copies of this one or issue 2 on the census.  Never seen a copy of either one before.  Actually, I guess I still haven't seen a copy of issue 2.  Go back to the store and buy that one and post it. :baiting:

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Zero copies of this one or issue 2 on the census.  Never seen a copy of either one before.  Actually, I guess I still haven't seen a copy of issue 2.  Go back to the store and buy that one and post it. :baiting:

Metro has a copy of #2 on ebay...and recently sold a low grade #1...or vice versa, I can't remember...:preach: