• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This book finally arrived yesterday after a couple weeks of Homeland Security red tape. Now that I have it in hand here is a scan with no filter that represents the actual colors better than the previous one I posted. 

fc scan.jpg

Very awesome!!

On 11/13/2018 at 6:12 PM, batman_fan said:

Not in hand yet but in route.  Glad to have one of the three mini-puzzles off the list.  I don't know if the puzzles are complete or not but for the price, I couldn't go wrong.

superman2.jpg

Wow, very cool. Kind of gets a little lost on the same page as one of the coolest comics ever published. These multi puzzles are so tough to find. Hope it turns out complete for you. I wouldn't care either. Just landing one at all is an achievement. A while back, I saw a boxed 6 puzzle example. Only one I've ever seen. 

When it comes, build them and post the results...

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, very cool. Kind of gets a little lost on the same page as one of the coolest comics ever published. These multi puzzles are so tough to find. Hope it turns out complete for you. I wouldn't care either. Just landing one at all is an achievement. A while back, I saw a boxed 6 puzzle example. Only one I've ever seen. 

When it comes, build them and post the results...

Definitely. I figure I couldn’t lose since it cost $15 including shipping   :whatthe:

5 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Always wanted one of these...and for $7 from my buddy HHWolfman I now own one.  I know...not too exciting...but...it's all mine now...lol

45836457092_7818f36780_c.jpg

Spoiler alert...he dies in this issue...:whatthe:

:gossip: Just a flesh wound.  They brought him back a few issues later.

5 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:
On 11/12/2018 at 2:51 PM, comicjack said:

Interesting cover isn't it

DSCF1548.thumb.JPG.0915e2350423afe0dc9de57f892b4ad1.JPG

This is indeed interesting...how the heck did they tack that sign onto a brick wall?  :|

On 11/13/2018 at 3:26 AM, fett said:

not a recent purchase but one I have been searching many of my boxes for, since I had already scanned the cover :) Reprints Little Eva #4, Fightin Texan #17 and Wartime Romances #10. 

All-PictureComedyCarnival.jpg

Excellent.  As you probably know, some copies have Baker reprints and some don't.  You got one of the good ones. 

6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
11 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Spoiler alert...he dies in this issue...:whatthe:

:gossip: Just a flesh wound.  They brought him back a few issues later.

o.O  "Aren't we gonna see the basement?"

2130953106_TheresnobasementattheAlamo.jpg.eb8052335553db2cd8a4fa0e2ab69f52.jpg

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

17 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Baker!

The funny thing is that I don't usually like photo covers, but this one is a classic and the girl is gorgeous. Plus who can refuse a pretty girl who gives boys the green light? 

15 hours ago, Point Five said:

Cool cover. :) Bought a while back but never got around to posting.

298956919_shadowv8-2.jpg.b53b5c726fe7a9398cdd9172bb1ed70a.jpg

Such a great cover, by the great Bob Powell. Oddly he doesn’t seem to have received the high praise and adulation that many of his artist peers have. Maybe because he was never associated with one particular title or superhero?

57 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Such a great cover, by the great Bob Powell. Oddly he doesn’t seem to have received the high praise and adulation that many of his artist peers have. Maybe because he was never associated with one particular title or superhero?

He is one of the greats, and not just for clever cover images but for the general clarity and fluidity of his story telling.  He also fairly early in his career hired assistants, obscuring what was really his and, in many cases, diluting the impact of his art.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:14 PM, batman_fan said:

Got it today, puzzles are incomplete but the box is decent.

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

If you found the pieces elsewhere would they be considered "married"?