• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, path4play said:

Daisy Rifle File Copies (covers, but you can almost imagine sweet plump interiors inside). I can't stop looking at them.

20210703_103902.jpg

Daisy Rifle File Copies? First I've heard of that!

2 hours ago, NEED MO DAKKA said:

Loved these Schomburg Miss Masque covers, namely America's Best Comics 23 and 25 and Exciting Comics 53.  Grabbed a Bonnett's copy of 25 off eBay, but would still like to grab a 23 eventually.

20210707_114628.thumb.jpg.bcaafce1ba2ac7e3d9dbd40bf8972a6d.jpg

Nice pickup. I love this cover. GPA says a 5.0 just sold for $2040... wow! Makes your 5.5 look like a bargain. (thumbsu

8 hours ago, Black Bat said:

I'm a PCH collector- but these weird early Hero books are hard to resist.  This cover: a flying car, apparently driverless, full of terrified tiny-headed thugs firing machine guns, punched through the air by what may be the weirdliest drawn version of Doc Savage ever, into the path of a  charging, speed streaked locomotive.  So insane I had to buy buy buy- and the interior does not disappoint.  Includes great Doc Savage with an amazing three panel spread of the cover scene, and a Ghost story featuring an all out prehistoric mega-cavemen brawl!  

Thrilling Comics 04 fc scan.jpg

Thrilling Comics 04 train throw.jpeg

Thrilling Comics 04 caveman brawl.jpeg

Ah, the infamous Piltdown Man issue!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piltdown_Man

1 hour ago, AJD said:

I've had this one on my war bonds and stamps wants list for over six years. Worth the wait for this nice copy. :cloud9:

5861635.jpg.dee1b96bd37593c814b29670220528e9.jpg

A big thanks to @Point Five for spotting it and giving me a heads up. (thumbsu

I quoted this over in @AJD gallery page, but as a super fan of this book and being able to appreciate how tough of an acquisition this one is, i'll quote it again :cloud9:

(worship) (worship)(worship)