• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

I think these've been posted in other threads, but here they are anyway. Two of my favorites in my collection at the moment. I was going to post the second one in the Timely thread but am too embarassed with all of the absolutely incredible books being posted over there right now!!!!!

Detective31.jpg

Allwiiners.jpg

Embarassed?? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Are you nuts ?

Edited by Ivanko

lol well its one of the nicest Timelys I've ever owned and I'm very glad to own it. (Its probably my second favorite book in my collection right now) But it still doesn't compare very favorably to some of the amazing books being posted in the other thread at the moment! I was reading through the Timely thread the other day and thought my eyes were going to fall out from staring so hard.

Perma-grin has set in for me. CGC just sent me a picture of my grail (I had them image it since my scanner hates slabs)! I was praying for a 9.0... thought it would probably get an 8.5 and feared getting something lower... just goes to show that I'm still not that great at grading. Top Census baby!!

wow09.jpg

Perma-grin has set in for me. CGC just sent me a picture of my grail (I had them image it since my scanner hates slabs)! I was praying for a 9.0... thought it would probably get an 8.5 and feared getting something lower... just goes to show that I'm still not that great at grading. Top Census baby!!

wow09.jpg

Beautiful Book! Congrats!

wow09.jpg

Stunning! One of my mini-grails too! Congratulations and insert the green with envy graemlin!

grin.gif

Sweet book! I looked at that one for awhile, but it was out of my price range. Congrats, you going to crack it out?
I had a paypal surplus (thanks in part to you!) so it was almost like a cash-trade deal for me. I am sorely tempted to crack the case but I'm worried about damaging the book.

I plan to get the grader's notes to see if the resto is reversible. Anyone know what reversing Slight Professional resto costs?

Just in from eBay.

Slight color touch and a little glue on the cover. Should I see if Mr. Nelson can remove it?

Oh yeah, this book makes me yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

hit5.jpg

Lou Fine at his finest! Great pick-up and with only slight color touch, pretty darn nice!

I think these've been posted in other threads, but here they are anyway. Two of my favorites in my collection at the moment. I was going to post the second one in the Timely thread but am too embarassed with all of the absolutely incredible books being posted over there right now!!!!!

Detective31.jpg

What a sweet sweet Det 31, is it restored? Please keep some of us poor slobs in mind if you need to upgrade or move to make room for another book. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Just in from eBay.

Slight color touch and a little glue on the cover. Should I see if Mr. Nelson can remove it?

Oh yeah, this book makes me yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

hit5.jpg

Lou Fine at his finest! Great pick-up and with only slight color touch, pretty darn nice!

Beautiful cover!!! Congradulations!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

wow09.jpg

Stunning! One of my mini-grails too! Congratulations and insert the green with envy graemlin!

grin.gif

Beautiful!

Swayze is my favorite Marvel girl artist. I like Binder to, but I wish they'd let Mark do more covers.

I'm always looking for Sensation Comics 80-106 and issue 99 has one of the more sweet covers. So in 2 years looking for a copy and I find one copy. However, in the last 2 months I amass three of them. The last copy arrived today from a dealer that knows I'm hunting them down. He told me about it last Friday and it arrived today.

Presents extremely well but has a very light wave to cover. White pages!

SensationComics996.jpg

SensationComics996-1.jpg

I'm always looking for Sensation Comics 80-106 and issue 99 has one of the more sweet covers. So in 2 years looking for a copy and I find one copy. However, in the last 2 months I amass three of them. The last copy arrived today from a dealer that knows I'm hunting them down. He told me about it last Friday and it arrived today.

Presents extremely well but has a very light wave to cover. White pages!

SensationComics996.jpg

SensationComics996-1.jpg

Very nice Buck! Glad to see you are getting greedy! Books like that can bring the best in all of us. grin.gif

Some old guy sent this to me for cigarette lables and boxtops. cloud9.gif... 1730961-ComicScan0345.JPG1730961-ComicScan0346.JPG

green lantern, hop harrigan, atom, scribbly (when was his first appearance....and the red tornado)....gotta love it.

Thanks Bill well worth the wait for this INT collection book. thumbsup2.gif

1730961-ComicScan0346.JPG.df734ca6a57876d5fb57e6c30339405f.JPG

Some old guy sent this to me for cigarette lables and boxtops. cloud9.gif... 1730961-ComicScan0345.JPG1730961-ComicScan0346.JPG

green lantern, hop harrigan, atom, scribbly (when was his first appearance....and the red tornado)....gotta love it.

Thanks Bill well worth the wait for this INT collection book. thumbsup2.gif

You are most welcome Collin!! I am glad it has a good home! grin.gif