• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,443 posts in this topic

I missed out on the Trolley copy of this issue when boardie Inaflash wisely picked it up, so I was happy when this little 'ol copy came sauntering along.

It's a 'quality' book, inside and out :cloud9: :

National14.jpg

Do you know who I am? :sumo:

Aren't you Steve Lake's cousin?

And one more that I finally got around to scanning (I know MrB. has its near-twin). It has foxed but white pages (yeah, I know....you're shocked!).

These early Police Comics are very cool books:

Police7.jpg

Nice books Steve, but you need to either get a bigger scanner or (preferably) go back to using the Magic Camera.

The glossinator! :cloud9:

It's unbelievable, I know.

BTW Andy, this was one of the best posts ever...

How anyone thinks that this board is less entertaining than television is beyond me.

It's unbelievable, I know.

BTW Andy, this was one of the best posts ever...

How anyone thinks that this board is less entertaining than television is beyond me.

Richard your computer skills impress me.

:makepoint:

BTW, that's why I don't have a television. Don't need one around these parts.

:applause:

I know I am lame, but I did I screw something up?

No dude, you carried over a quote from another thread. Some people still don't know where the Caps lock button is.

lol

So here is my big Chicago purchase. I originally bought it with a customer in mind. When I got back to Houston I showed it to him and he went gaga. But his wife controls the purse strings. He came in this morning looking very disappointed because she put the kibosh on the deal. I had an inkling that it might happen, and frankly I'm not too upset.

wdcs2fc.jpg

wdcs2bc.jpg

Back in the days when I was selling comics on the side I would never buy a comic unless I would be happy keeping it if it didn't sell. But that philosophy goes out the door when you sell comics for a living. You really have to detach because so many people collect in so many different ways. But every once in a while I will pick up a book for someone and think, "wow, I would love to have one of those. Maybe they will pass on it." I have never had a really nice Walt Disney #2 before. So, for now, it will look good in the box. But there is still a chance the controller of the purse strings could change her mind.

No dude, you carried over a quote from another thread. Some people still don't know where the Caps lock button is.

lol

:acclaim:

That was one of your first purchases in Chicago and it is very sweet. I'm a sucker for yellow covers.

That was one of your first purchases in Chicago and it is very sweet. I'm a sucker for yellow covers.

Amen on the yellow covers... I'm a big fan as well.

Nice book Bedrock!! And yellow on BOTH covers too!!!

It's also a damn pretty 6.5. (worship)

If you look under the turkey's hindmost leg you will see a tiny indention which goes through the front cover. Other than that it is really nice.

Nice books Steve, but you need to either get a bigger scanner or (preferably) go back to using the Magic Camera.

The glossinator! :cloud9:

The glossinator has probably been retired - I am a poor photographer, and it was always a hit or miss (though when it 'hit', I often got a 'home run' picture).

The new scanner is quicker and easier, though the books don't 'pop' on the scan like they do in person.

Nice WDC&S 2, Richard... hm

though the books don't 'pop' on the scan like they do in person.

They do if you use the "pop" setting.