• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,395 posts in this topic

I have always loved that cover. How are the stories inside? anything that strange?
Eric the Talking Lion? If it's in there could anything be stranger?

they left off the word balloon on the cover--that's eric you see, and he's saying "how the spoon can that spoon fly, jungle king?"

It's a cover dying for a caption contest, isn't it?

I have always loved that cover. How are the stories inside? anything that strange?

they left off the word balloon on the cover--that's eric you see, and he's saying "how the spoon can that spoon fly, jungle king?"

so true; man, am i jonesing for a #4. and speaking of that, i'm down to a bunch of runs i need only 1 for. my patience is going to be severely tried.

so true; man, am i jonesing for a #4. and speaking of that, i'm down to a bunch of runs i need only 1 for. my patience is going to be severely tried.

just do like me and give up (shrug)

I am completely out of spending money now. I went nuts. must stop.

This is from the pretty tough Action #100-120 era, so I felt obligated to grab it! :whistle:

3075536112_61566bf1cc_o.jpg

Nice pick-up! I have to get me another one of those someday. It's a hard issue to find.

I also like the FC #178 I used to have a HG copy but, had to sell it.

Congratulations on the books!

bb54-75.jpg

:banana:

A true classic - congrats! (thumbs u

:tonofbricks: wasn't expecting to see another copy within the same weekend, especially since it took me over 10 or so years to find...just wish mine didn't have the silver fish damage on the TLC like yours...

I guess great minds think alike...awesome book...is that the heritage one? I finally found my copy, took me many years to find one that was somewhat presentable and affordable...love this book

DSC01038-1.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

I am completely out of spending money now. I went nuts. must stop.

This is from the pretty tough Action #100-120 era, so I felt obligated to grab it! :whistle:

3075536112_61566bf1cc_o.jpg

Nice pick-up! I have to get me another one of those someday. It's a hard issue to find.

I also like the FC #178 I used to have a HG copy but, had to sell it.

Congratulations on the books!

thanks! I have been noticing the 1947 & 1948 actions seem to take a big dip in availability in any grade. I guess it's the post WW2 superhero drop off, but it seems most pronounced in action for some reason.

Always loved that Action Christmas cover. Nice pick up.

Ken

Thanks Ken! I just need the 105 for the hat trick of xmas actions!

perfect post for me to say "thanks Ken" as well. love this pick-up.

slambang3.jpg

But look at the wonderful stuff that is inside....

69785.jpg.4c4b7c92118ba62b1690419a2222af2e.jpg

And the hardest to find of this group by far, but also the cheapest by far. I think this may be DC's toughest christmas cover, but it could also be Comic Cavalcade #5, haven't decided yet...

3074700333_26e09bbbeb_o.jpg

WOW! What a great Christmas cover! Certainly the one that I'm most likely to actually buy of the books that you just posted. Crisp, deep colors. Rube Grossman, right?

Jack

bb54-75.jpg

:banana:

A true classic - congrats! (thumbs u

:tonofbricks: wasn't expecting to see another copy within the same weekend, especially since it took me over 10 or so years to find...just wish mine didn't have the silver fish damage on the TLC like yours...

I guess great minds think alike...awesome book...is that the heritage one? I finally found my copy, took me many years to find one that was somewhat presentable and affordable...love this book

DSC01038-1.jpg

Yeah it was the Heritage one. I couldn't let it go at such a low price! Of course now I have two since I bought one at Comic Con this summer.

But just having the book is cool, silverfish or not! And you must be totally :cloud9: after ten years looking!

Board member Billy Parker provided me my next single digit Superboy leaving seven to go. I freed this baby from it's prison right away: :cloud9:

sb3.jpg

First ten are looking nice:

th_sb2.jpgth_sb3.jpgth_sb5.jpg

th_sb6.jpgth_sb7.jpgth_sb9.jpgth_sb10.jpg

Congrats, Danny! :applause:

Way to go, Mr. Parker! (thumbs u

Board member Billy Parker provided me my next single digit Superboy leaving seven to go. I freed this baby from it's prison right away: :cloud9:

sb3.jpg

First ten are looking nice:

th_sb2.jpgth_sb3.jpgth_sb5.jpg

th_sb6.jpgth_sb7.jpgth_sb9.jpgth_sb10.jpg

Congrats, Danny! :applause:

Way to go, Mr. Parker! (thumbs u

i'm so glad it's in a place where it's loved. and he freed it from a WHITE PAGES labeled prison! can't wait to see the final, complete group shot Danny.