• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - Ultra HG OO Collection - The USAF Mildenhall Collection!!!

1,173 posts in this topic

when I go fumbling for my wantlist

TRANSLATION: "When I have a hand down the short shorts." wink.gif

BTW Nick, not to clutter your thread with more useless banter, but the preservation & color on these books is incredible.

Thanks, man! thumbsup2.gif

Seriously, these puppies look like they've just come off the presses...the comment I made at the top of the thread about the eye-appeal often surpassing the technical grade was not a joke...they are simply cloud9.gif

Sweet copy...but Kirby should have retired after New Gods... frustrated.gif

Jim

confused.gif Jim, I thought you were firmly in the should-have-retired before New Gods camp! smile.gif

The writing blew...the art, while not FF quality, is no where as bad as his Marvel work. That BP cover being an example...

Jim

Not that I'm recommending this as a 'storage solution', as Mr Gerber might disagree, but...

These books were not boarded and only sorta bagged. What he would do is buy that week's books and store them all in the one plastic bag...and that is how he kept them in chronological order, 10 books from one week, 8 books from the next, 11 books from the week after that, and so on.

Weird.

Anyhoo, it's gone 3.00am here, so...

You've been a great audience! 893applaud-thumb.gif I'm here all week (seriously... crazy.gif) and tomorrow night, we'll be all Marvel! thumbsup2.gif

Not that I'm recommending this as a 'storage solution', as Mr Gerber might disagree, but...

These books were not boarded and only sorta bagged. What he would do is buy that week's books and store them all in the one plastic bag...and that is how he kept them in chronological order, 10 books from one week, 8 books from the next, 11 books from the week after that, and so on.

Weird.

i believe that's what the Curator did, too. lot to be said for it apparently. i've done it with certain titles, too

Weird.

i believe that's what the Curator did, too. lot to be said for it apparently. i've done it with certain titles, too

I bought a collection in Ohio last year which had virtually flawless comics from 1975 up. He stacked them up in the box for the month, laying them flat in 2 columns side by side in a banker's box, never reading them. No bags, no boards, just darkness, a climate controlled environment and never touched = cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif Many CGC 9.8s and 9.6s out of that collection. Sorry for the hijack Nick, your books look on par with the books I was dealing with in that collection. Astonishing, how these books look like you just pulled them off the press with dripping colors and perfect spines for the most part.

Thought it might be a good idea to just recap on the DCs that remain unsold. If anyone wants to see the relevant scan, they were listed in alphabetical order, so the Batmans/Tecs will be found on the first few pages and the World's Finest on the most recent ones.

Batman #299 VF/NM $14.00

Batman #304 NM- $12.00

Batman Family #2 NM $30.00

Detective Comics #438 NM- $125.00

Detective Comics #440 VF/NM $60.00

Detective Comics #445 VF/NM $60.00

Detective Comics #460 NM- $25.00

1st Issue Special #1 NM- $15.00

1st Issue Special #3 NM- $8.00 T & P Stamp

1st Issue Special #6 NM- $15.00

1st Issue Special #9 VF+ $10.00

Plop! #18 NM $30.00

Plop! #23 NM- $30.00

Starfire #5 NM $10.00

Starfire #6 NM- $10.00

Starfire #7 NM- $10.00

Strange Adventures #244 VF/NM $15.00 Mark Jewelers

Superman #254 NM $80.00

Superman Family #165 VF/NM $30.00

Weird Mystery Tales #1 VF/NM $65.00

Weird Mystery Tales #2 VF+ $25.00

Weird Mystery Tales #4 VF+ $15.00 Mark Jewelers

Weird Mystery Tales #6 VF/NM $16.00 Mark Jewelers

Weird War Tales #33 NM $22.00 Mark Jewelers

Weird Western Tales #42 NM- $10.00

World's Finest #212 VF/NM $25.00

World's Finest #216 NM- $20.00 Mark Jewelers

World's Finest #227 VF+ $35.00

World's Finest #238 NM- $15.00

World's Finest #250 VF+ $15.00

Tonight we'll be having a whole bunch of Marvels. They are less expensive items than the DCs, but the grades are higher. A load of 9.6s and also a handful of 9.8s! headbang.gif

Kick-off will be somewhere between 6.00 and 7.00 EST. thumbsup2.gif